“Booked to visit again in October!”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Fabulous spa room, fantastic gym, great pool although changing areas are looking tired and could do with refurbishment! Breakfast was great although fresh fruit would be nicer than tinned! We ate in the restaurant once it lacked atmosphere, doesnt open until 6:30 and has a very limited menu with quite small portions!
Overall we enjoyed our second stay and will return in october to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank kalez69
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review for your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I also acknowledge the areas of improvement that you have mentioned. See you in October!

John O’Reilly

There are newer reviews for Redworth Hall Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent a lovely day/night at this beautiful place for a friends wedding.such a beautiful setting standing in lovely gardens.we decided to stay over and got a nice room 110 for £66 bed and breakfast for two .the room was very nice if a little tired but adequate .we visited the spa and had a steam etc.ended with a lovely breakfast which was the usual full cooked with tje options off fruit.cereals.croissants etc all in all a very nice place to stay with good staff etc.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bullock7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wedding at the hotel and that you had an enjoyable stay. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

John O’Reilly

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A lovely country house set in beautiful grounds .
The interior of the old manor house was absolutely stunning .
The leisure facilities are excellent along with the dining , however the food was fantastic but service was very slow . Drinks expensive .
The staff were always polite and accommodating .
Our room did not reflect the grandeur of the outside but still a great place to visit .
Would recommend to family and friends .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John O, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for such a kind review of Redworth. I am sorry the service you received was slow whilst you were here, I can assure you I will look into this.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stopped here earlier this week for a couple of nights with my teenage son as a treat, having booked and paid a bargain price with 'secret Escapes'. Dinner B&B with a bottle of wine each night for £109 per room per night! This represented excellent value for money.
The approach to the hotel was lovely with nice grounds and the front of the hotel itself is beautiful- a Jacobean building that is very striking.
The check in was a disaster and took 2 hours to finally get a room - This was down to an issue with the laundry and not the hotel directly. Eventually we were allocated a different room as ours was still not ready. The one we got was very nice with a fabulous bathroom with jacuzzi bath and huge massage shower! as well as all the facilities you would expect. Wifi was a complete no go in our room as it was on the lowest floor as was mobile phone signal until you got outside. Not the end of the world though.
I found most of the staff to be very helpful and friendly, with only the odd exception they really did seem to earn their wages! being so busy with the hotel fully booked..
We made good use of the spa - with lovely pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna and even though it was school holidays it wasnt too busy if you went in around tea time.
Dinner was nice the first night but far from outstanding with me choosing the pork belly (skin all flabby and would have been so much nicer if it had been crispy) vege limited and only after did i realise that you had to order that as an extra! There were quite a few items on the menu that were supplemented.
the second night however was much nicer with a delicious beef dish. A bottle of wine was included in my package each night which reduced the choice however to either 'red or white' - still if was a freebie and I had a bottle of each over the two nights, both of which were actually very palatable.
All in all the Redworth Hall Hotel is really well placed to explore a wide variety of places (we visited Beamish) just a short drive away and a real must!
It is a shame that with such a beautiful building you dont really get to do much in the old part as most of the actual hotel is build on at the back. It is very nice though.
The car parking does get very busy at times as it is shared with the spa (also open to non residents)
I would definately stay here again if I was able to find such a good offer although because of these offers it does get very busy, especially at mealtimes, with the staff looking like they are being really stretched.
I would choose somewhere a lot more intimate and less busy if I were to spend the actual amount that it should have cost.

Room Tip: I would pay the little bit extra and get a superior room - one in the old part of the hotel would be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LouAky

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is lovely to read you enjoyed nearly all aspects of your stay. Please accept my apologies in relation to our linen delivery whilst you were here. I can assure you we are dealing with this, as I understand the importance of a seamless arrival. This being said, I am pleased you were able to enjoy the rest of your time here with you son and I hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for couple of nights with my mum to celebrate my birthday, from moment we drove up to building was beautiful grounds , reception staff wished me happy birthday, we were upgraded to a large spacious room with two birthday cards from the staff with bottle champagne lovely touch. Loved spa will stay here again hopefully this year

Stayed: February 2014

I am delighted you chose to share your birthday with us, and we were able to make it such a memorable one for you. We all hope you return again shortly.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice looking hotel with large grounds and large car park (but this is for spa as well so gets busy). On the main road but be careful as post code led us down a side road into nowhere. Deal we had was for 3 course meal with wine but staff were accommodating and helpful in us getting full value. Room comfortable but dark and was clean and fairly big. Poor mobile reception around the hotel so many people went to the front outside. Seems to host quite a few corporate functions, a prom and is also a wedding venue. Small bar, which we could not get to when prom was on until they all went to their function room. Prices not cheap but I suppose no more expensive than the competition. Pleasant venue handily placed for gorgeous countryside and the Pennines.

Room Tip: The hotel has an odd layout so try to make sure your room is on a higher level (don't go by room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We do hope to see you return when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

On our way down into Yorkshire for a few days break, and this seemed an ideal spot to break the journey, and so it proved. We found it easily, check in was efficient and friendly, and the room was excellent, even if it seemed a long way into the hotel, with 2 lift journeys! The bathroom was fantastic with a magnificent shower, which would blast anything out of tired pores! The restaurant was busy, as it should be on a Saturday, and the food was very good, though not exceptional. Staff were helpful and courteous throughout, and were a well organised team. It was very quiet and peaceful, and we would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. It is lovely to read you would return, and we all look forward to welcoming you when you do.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in West Auckland
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!