“Great short break, will return”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent weekend using hotel facilities and spa. The hotel and friendly staff met more than our expectations in terms of quality surroundings and helpful, personable staff. The spa was very good - pool and steam room / sauna/ jacuzzi all set in a conservatory so light, airy and relaxing. Bonus that it stayed open until 10pm so time to go after early dinner. En suite and spa showers could have been a bit cleaner, but it wasn't enough for us to complain about. Seemed family friendly so may return with our young family at some point - outdoor play area, soft play in spa, swimming opportunity. In all it we felt that it was an excellent deal through Secret Escapes website. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am delighted to here such great feedback especially about our staffs friendly service. I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to us in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We waited 20mins before staff found to provide towels etc. Lounge was noisy with Capital FM blaring away but unfortunately this was the only area with comfortable seating. Pool was being used for aquarobics and we were not allowed to join in. Hard wooden seating around the pool, and pool tiles along water line thick with grime. Changing rooms need a really good makeover as looking tatty. Treatments (facial and manicure) very good, but this is not somewhere you would choose to spend a leisurely spa day, as it's in the health and leisure wing with no dedicated space to relax and enjoy the marvellous grounds of the Hotel. The pool is shared by exercise classes four days a week, and children use the pool, too. The afternoon tea was nothing outstanding and had to be eaten either by the side of the pool or in the noisy lounge. Won't be going again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sue A,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am sorry to hear you felt inconvenienced during your recent spa experience, please accept my apologies for any disappointment this may have caused. I have passed your comments to our leisure manager for action.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your treatments during the day and I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely old country hotel was staying for friends wedding. Our rooms where right at the far end of the hotel under the health club, couldn't get phone signal or wifi signal! Room was spacious but my TV didn't work they did try to fix it but failed, also had no phone to contact reception luckily my friend room was near by. Jets in whirlpool bath didn't work and bathroom tap dripped all night. One of the beside lamps didn't work and place was a little dusty. Reception gets very busy at peak times. Breakfast was nice, little bit of a que but they do have posters up telling you about this. I would stay here again but hopefully not room 523.

Stayed: August 2014
TheHotelCollection, Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Rachel M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations on this occasion, I have passed your comments back to our housekeeping manager for action.

Thank you for your kind comments about our breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We attended our friends wedding evening time and were very impressed with the whole experience and feel we had a mini holiday and relaxed. Would like to visit again.
The leisure pool and grounds were lovely too

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about Redworth Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed your friends wedding and I am also glad your experience was relaxing. I do hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely old house set in lush woodland gardens , impressive driveway to main building . nice rooms to newer building at the rear of the old house , but strange numbering system of rooms . excellent evening meal in restaurant . small but perfectly usable pool and spa area . over all a good weekend getaway

Room Tip: Rooms to 4th floor seem better situated
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and agree that the gardens and driveway are impressive! I Hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday on 12th July. I got the groupon deal so it was about half price for the room. We stayed in the Deluxe Spa Room and I would totally recommend it just for the Jacuzzi bath!!! I booked him in for a massage which he loved, we used the pool, sauna, jacuzzi, etc which was fab. And the bar which was lovely too. The staff were very friendly especially one woman who I can't remember the name of (but I gave her an antihistamine for her hay fever if that narrows it down!!). We got room service for dinner which was quite reasonable and absolutely amazing food! Had the breakfast in the morning (fit for a king!!) all in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back again soon. Thank you :-)

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about you stay at Redworth Hall. I am delighted to here such great feedback and I am really pleased you and your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday treat! See you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked an overnight stay at this hotel on our way up to Northumberland, booked direct with the hotel on a " Dine stay & sparkle deal " £116 for a standard room. The drive up to the hotel is quite splendid, the reception was friendly quick and efficient, our room was on ground floor in the new part of the hotel, room 106.
The room was smallish but large enough for a one night stay, it had a lovely large bathroom, enough hanging space and was spotlessly clean. As part of the deal there was a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket in the room. The room was opposite the spa facility and conference rooms where a wedding was taking place, the room was quiet, we were not disturbed at all.
On booking dinner we were advised that they were busy but if we wished to dine at 6pm we would be entitled to a complimentary bottle of wine with dinner, as we had not eaten since a late breakfast at Betty's in Harrogate we decided this deal was too good to miss.
The meal was superb, all 3 courses were delicious the complimentary bottle of wine was good quality, however what made our meal extra special was the service. The waiting staff were all young lively and very efficient, we were greeted with smiling faces which continued throughout the meal, we were served by Charlotte and Katy, nothing was too much trouble for them.
Breakfast was buffet and typical of larger chain hotels, fairly basic breakfast provision but plenty of it, it was extremely busy lots of guests from the wedding taking breakfast. We were greeted immediately we entered the restaurant and shown to a table asked what drinks we would like and invited to help ourselves to the buffet. Food was well cooked and good standard.
Check out was efficient we were asked about our stay and thanked for choosing Redworth Hall.
All in all a very enjoyable experience and excellent value for money ( 2 free bottles of wine DBB £116) plus lovely surroundings, comfy room, excellent friendly efficient staff, what more could you ask for, pity we only booked the one night.

Room Tip: Standard room 106 was fine for a one night stay would book premier room if staying longer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at Redworth Hall. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay and am delighted to here your feedback on our staffs excellent service. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

John O’Reilly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield
Radisson Blu Hotel Durham

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!