“Great holiday”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from a 3 day break here and thought it was a great hotel. The staff were all very friendly, eager to please and very willing. we stayed in a suite with spa bath and it was a great family room as my 8 year old could have her own bedroom. Room was very clean and bed extremely comfortable. Bathrobes were provided which was great for the spa. Pool facilities good though jacuzzi not working when we were there. Overall a great hotel with a high standard of food. we would be happy to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed your family holiday and I am also delighted to read your comments on our staff’s friendly, helpful service. I look forward to welcome you back when you return.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked for spa day and can I just say the hotel staff delivered excellence including dealing with a misunderstanding around what we had booked for. Well done, we have been many times and todays experience guarantees we will return, not only for a pamper day, but an overnight (which again they delivered the goods)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your day at Redworth Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed your spa day and I am extremely happy to hear of our staff’s excellent service. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in room 222, I have no idea what some of the other reviews are describing because our room was fantastic (even though it was only a standard). We booked our stay through secret escapes for £194 for two nights, this included dinner for the first night, breakfast on both days, afternoon tea, late checkout and full access to the facilities. I'll start with the positives: The spa treatments are fantastic (Deborah did my nails and spray tan and she was lovely), the front desk staff ( a red head young girl and a young man) were so polite and lovely. To be quite honest everyone was fantastically friendly and professional; nothing was too much trouble and they all seemed genuinely happy to serve us! I asked for some more milk and a new towel, within 15 minutes a delightful you woman brought them up.... BRILLIANT SERVICE, I don't think I've met a nicer group of staff!! The dinner was lovely, on one occasion they were very busy and mine was cold, however they were so prompt in getting me a new one and completely nice about it that I actually felt bad for complaining. Finally we had an amazing afternoon tea, it was massive!! the scones were delightful and it was perfectly presented. Ok the negatives (few) the layout of the hotel is odd, you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the rooms.. which is weird.. but the main thing was the price. The drinks were pricey, and so was the food if it hadn't been included in the deal! the breakfast was £20 and the dinner very expensive (it also had a very poor choice of puddings) It's wifi was poor aswell. But the one thing I cannot fault this place on was it's fantastic service!!

Room Tip: The second floor was good because it's on the same floor as the pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I am extremely happy to see your comments regarding our staff’s fantastic service! I acknowledge the points for improvement you have mentioned. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

What a lovely friendly hotel we were celebrating my daughters 21st Birthday and we asked the Hotel if they could make it a we bit more special, and they did thank you to all.
On Arrival they had the rooms ready even though they were having issues with the laundry supplier.
The Dinner was really nice and the Family are still talking about it.
The only comment I would like to make is the Breakfast we came down at 8.30 it was busy but there was some tables still empty so not over stretched.
A member of staff showed use to a table asked if we wanted Tea or Coffee then said you help yourselves to the buffet with no other explanation.
We went to the buffet please don't take this personal Breakfast Chef but it did not look appetising atoll not going to list all but come on Breakfast chef melon sliced and not peeled tinned fruits and tinned Mushrooms and you had ran out of pastries at 8.30.
As a last impression of the Hotel it was not good and was such a shame as everything else was perfect hope they fix this for future guests.

Room Tip: Book the deluxe rooms you will not be disappointed newer rooms and really comfy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and overall dining experience for your Daughters 21st Birthday. I acknowledge your comments about breakfast and apologise for any disappointment caused and I will pass this on to the relevant team. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel as part of a package through secret escapes, had I not been there as part of a deal I would have given the hotel less than 3 stars!

I rang the hotel in advance of our stay to book dinner reservations, when we arrived no booking had been made however they did squeeze us in at our requested time. The food was very nice unfortunately the service really let the restaurant down! The staff were lovely and seemed quite embarrassed by what was happening – it took around 20mins for our order to be taken/our drinks to arrive. Our food then arrived quickly unfortunately this was not the case for many other diners in the restaurant. They seemed really under staffed and disorganised. As part of our package we got a free bottle of wine with our meal but as neither of us drank wine we asked if we could exchange this for other drinks which was fine – however when we got the bill the drinks were charged, they immediately said they would remove the charges however when I checked the next morning the drinks were still there! The hotel apologised immediately and removed the charges from our account. We returned to the restaurant on our second night because the food was really nice and reasonably priced unfortunately the service was just as bad if not worse! We were booked in at 8pm but couldn’t get in as there were no tables ready – there were plenty of empty tables they just weren’t cleared. Again food and drink orders were very slow – I asked for a second bread bun for my soup, I’m still waiting for it.

The room was nice enough, comfortable bed and very clean but the décor was a bit dated. The leisure facilities are exactly that – this is not a ‘spa’ hotel per say. The pool was used by various members of the public, one child having a swimming lesson. The hotel does have a steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi (cold water and out of order on day 2). The gym was very well equipped and they offered a wide range of hair and beauty treatments. The hotel lacks facilities and activities to do. There was only one bar in the hotel with very few seats for the number of guests. For £4 per person you could play crazy golf on a very old and tired course.

On check out those drinks from the first night (that had been removed twice!) were still on the account! I know this review reads badly, and yes although our stay wasn’t great it wasn’t all bad and I feel the deal we got through secret escapes was very good value for money. I wouldn’t however be in a rush to return especially not if paying full price!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear dwands-hall,

Thank you for writing us a review.

I am sorry to hear that your recent visit to us did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. I have passed your comments regarding the service to our Restaurant Manager for action.

Thank you for your kind words about your bedroom and I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked this through Secret Escapes and got a DBB offer with a bottle of wine for a very reasonable price.
The driveway up to the hotel is impressive with loads of parking spaces when you reach the hotel.
Check in was quick and efficient and the location of our room was explained.
Room 206 was situated overlooking the indoor pool and was reasonably quiet except for a fan that seemed to whir most of the time (from the pool?)
We had pre booked dinner which is advisable as there were people being turned away later on due to it being fully booked.
The food was tasty - despite a small hiccup - and the service from Katy was excellent
We had an early breakfast due to having treatments booked and this was fresh and hot with plenty of choice
All in all a nice stay.
A few negative points that need mentioning is that the general decor is looking tired, the bathroom in our room wasn't particularly clean - we found a previous occupants contact lenses dried up on the bathroom sink and the grout and silicone around the bath had black mould plus the bed wasn't particularly comfortable.

1  Thank clanmudd

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I acknowledge the areas of improvement that you have mentioned and will pass these comments on to the relevant teams. I agree the driveway is impressive! I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent weekend using hotel facilities and spa. The hotel and friendly staff met more than our expectations in terms of quality surroundings and helpful, personable staff. The spa was very good - pool and steam room / sauna/ jacuzzi all set in a conservatory so light, airy and relaxing. Bonus that it stayed open until 10pm so time to go after early dinner. En suite and spa showers could have been a bit cleaner, but it wasn't enough for us to complain about. Seemed family friendly so may return with our young family at some point - outdoor play area, soft play in spa, swimming opportunity. In all it we felt that it was an excellent deal through Secret Escapes website. Very good value for money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Redworth Hall. I am delighted to here such great feedback especially about our staffs friendly service. I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to us in the future.

John O’Reilly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in West Auckland
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!