“Poor, even for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Great Yarmouth Acle

Travelodge Great Yarmouth Acle
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acle
Cambridge UK
“Poor, even for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I usually use Premier Inn but there wasn't one near where we wanted to be so I decided to try the new re-vamped Travel Lodge.

This room was poor. The facilities were minimal. In no particular order.

The TV was almost unusable - it was impossible to adjust the colour and contrast and the choice of channels was limited. There was no way of getting up a channel guide. The shower was poor, fixed and sluggish. There were no bedside tables/shelves. The lighting was harsh and poorly designed. The shelf above the hanging rail was dirty/dusty. There was only one plug point - I have lots of stuff that needs recharging. The plastic chairs were uncomfortable and there was no desk space.

I don't think the person who designed the room has ever spent a night in it. A fatal mistake.

They advertised £48/night but charged me £110 for 2 nights (apparently Saturday night is more money).

However, very comfortable bed and a quiet fan in the bathroom are plus points.

No competition for Premier Inn though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KimFyson
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Great Yarmouth Acle, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your review Kim F. We are truly sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your room. We require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned to our high standards. Similarly, we expect all our facilities in your room and in the hotel to be in a good working condition. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hungarian first
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and will stay again due to location Might take own pillows though as using one of supplied is too low but two is too high.
Try to book room at back of hotel as you dont get the light or noise from the garage and parking areas at front.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Weybridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Last week I stayed in Wallesey,the beds were awful, and I almost cancelled because of it......so glad I didn't, the beds ( because the upgrade had happened) were sumptuous , very quiet rooms and even a Little Chef and a BP garage on site......it's quite a way from Gt Yarmouth.
We were in Hemsby for a do, about 9 miles but £25 in a cab.
Would stay there again if in that area

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard P
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We decided at very short notice to travel to Norfolk on the last weekend of March 2014. We usually use Premier Inns but at such short notice they were very expensive. We were pleasantly surprised, the hotel had recently been refurbished. It was clean, tidy and comfortable. It didn't have any frills or niceties attached to it but give we paid less than £60 with less than 48 hours notice we were very pleased with the standards. If you are considering a stay here it is very conveniently based for the Norfolk Broads, Acle village is a very short walk away and there is a good old fashioned "rustic" pub there, a little rough but the beer was kept very well! Its the Kings Arms, worth the experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Paul H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Well I think the title says the lot. I've stayed in a few of these budget hotels before and always been very underwhelmed but this one sticks out from the rest! Sue was fantastic upon check in, wearing a smile, very efficient, quick check in, very polite and all this at 10.15 at night! Very impressed. Upon arrival to the room it was lovely and warm, large, looked very fresh and airy, huge bed, couple of nice chairs, plenty of tea and coffee, lovely and clean, bath and shower and a very crisp clean bathroom in general! Another very pleasant surprise was when I had a shower at gone 11pm I actually got got water and very quickly with great pressure which in a lot if hotels you never seem to get. The sleep I had that night was possibly the best I've had on my life!! To say this is a budget hotel that offers rooms so very cheap the super king size bed was huge and extremely comfortable which made for a truly sensational sleep.

Ken the night porter was also very helpful, he seemed to have great knowledge of the local areas and seemed the type of person who would always have a friendly natter to you!

As I was leaving the hotel to go out the next day I was greeted at reception by Jane who again was very polite and wore a smile, so refreshing to all the staff so bubbly, happy and helpful! It really makes the difference!

After a very long day I arrived back at the hotel to be greeted by Naomi, this must of been getting on for 2am and yet again she wore a huge smile, she was very bubbly and polite! We had a natter about my evening and she wished me goodnight. It's just the little things that really matter and this hotel nails the lot if them.

On check out I had another different member of staff, this time it was Matthew the manager and I can truly see why all his staff are the way they are! This man truly leads by example, very efficient quick check out, polite, wore a smile, asked me how my stay was which lead us onto a very large conversation about my two day break, he wished me all the best and a safe journey back home and it really did just round my trip off!! I will most definitely be staying at this hotel again and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Ohhh and whilst I remember I tried the porridge and one of the breakfast boxes and in my opinion they're great!! Porridge was lovely, very easy to make and just started my day off great, the breakfast box was great for taking with me for my trip home bowl of cereal, nutrigrain bar, lemon muffin, orange juice and a quirky mint to freshen up after. Porridge was 1.95 and the breakfast 4.95 I'd say great value for money and very convenient.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Unkown2012
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst working in Norwich.

Quick efficient and friendly check in. Clean, warm and comfortable room and hot shower, everything you need.

Top tip - the standby light on the tv is a bright whiter light that shines bright in the room. Get a bit of tape and cover the light, turn the efficient radiator down and a great duvet will keep you warm all night.

Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Acle - Gt. Yarmouth
We arrived after a horrendous journey (weather-hold ups), extremely pleased with light airy and large rooms.
We were greeted in a friendly and proffesional way and offered any assistance we required. The same service was given on our departure.
A large number of family and friends stayed at this Travelodge to attend a funeral in the Gt. Yarmouth area, and we are all happy to say 'you did us proud'...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Daniel T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acle
Premier Inn Great Yarmouth Hotel
Premier Inn Great Yarmouth Hotel
#2 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
Premier Inn Norwich East (Broadlands/A47) Hotel
Premier Inn Norwich East (Broadl...
#1 of 1 in Thorpe St Andrew
#15 of 21 in Great Yarmouth
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to Travelodge Great Yarmouth Acle? Share your experiences!