The Bell Inn(Diss)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$92
The Dickleburgh Crown(Diss)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$128
US$125
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeefparty nightbar restaurantwedding receptionmain coursefamily roomanyone wantingfood was lovelytown centrebreakfast was excellentwhole experiencewarm welcomeone night stayan overnight stayfollowing morningcourse mealexcellent value for money
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had a business lunch on a Saturday lunchtime. The service was efficient, but the menu was limited and unimaginative. There were no fresh vegetables at a time of the year (early October) when they are in abundant supply elsewhere. The fish was probably good; but the thick and fatty batter surrounding it meant that its flavour was overwhelmed. The soup was thin and rather salty. At £9.95 for two courses it is not expensive. But I'd rather pay a little less for a sandwich, or a little more for fresh ingredients cooked well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tracey D, Manager at The Park hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.
The management and staff work very hard to ensure that all guests that visit The Park Hotel,
Whether for a meal or an overnight stay is an enjoyable one.
All comments and feedback help us to continue to improve our overall levels of service throughout the business.

I was however particularly surprised to read this review not least because we always have a more than ample supply of fresh vegetables, probably more than other establishments given the volume of people we have through the door.
Although not all meals are accompanied by vegetables we would be more than happy to add them as part of your meal and does quite clearly state on the menu that they are available.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Having grown up in Diss, the park hotel was one of those places you never thought much of, however ten years after I moved away from the town, we stayed at the park last weekend - and it was great! The room was fresh, clean, welcoming and a very good quality. The food served at the wedding and for breakfast was top quality, absolutely no complaints. The bed was extremely comfortable with a memory foam mattress, and the room was incredibly quite - a surprise given I know the hotel is on a busy junction in the town! Would definitely come back. Only tip is, part of the hotel has low ceilings, our room ceiling was fine but the bathroom was too low so at 5 foot 10 I was too tall for a comfortable shower. If you are tall, ask for a downstairs room!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

On arriving at the hotel, car park seemed full and hotel looked ok, really nice gardens.
so disappointed, wasnt shown to room in annex was just pointed in that direction, room was stupidly hot, thermostat didn't work untill I managed to tighten it, so I had to leave the window open as was sostuffy.
Shower was terrible, room wasnt as clean as id expect.
Limited evening menu, but food was average, breakfast was really good but overall service want great, on checking out girl was on the phone the whole way through.i stop away most weeks with work wouldn't stop here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank 2013james
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We had a meal on 30th August and I am sad to say the food was not the quality it has been previously.
The steaks were cold and slightly tough, one member of our party had salad instead of chips / veg and the salad was not fresh.
I would still go again, but please Park Hotel, get back to your usual standard!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise that on this occasion it would appear that we did not meet your expectations. Our Fruit, salad and Vegetables & meat is delivered daily to ensure that our customers get fresh produce. Please let us know if you have a problem with your meal in the future as naturally any problems on the night can be rectified better than us not being informed.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights.
The service, the room, the excellent breakfast and the super comfy bed all made my stay really, really lovely. Travelling on my own visiting grandchildren I thought I might feel uncomfortable but the staff were so lovely and welcoming and the stay was a pleasure. An unexpected bonus was the internet didn't connect on my "appliances" so I was blissfully isolated from work etc!

Room Tip: The annex is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo