“Really nice freshly prepared food”
Review of D'Inacios Brasserie - CLOSED

D'Inacios Brasserie
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in a quiet court yard setting in the heart of Fakenham D'Inacios offers seasonal a la carte lunch and evening menus encompassing modern interpretations of classic British and European dishes infused with world flavours. D'Inacios serves exclusive coffees all day in a south facing courtyard under the most ancient Wisteria in East Anglia. A great selection of wines and discreet attentive service makes D'Inacios a great dining experience for every occasion.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A beautifully finished restaurant with lovely food. A nice selection on the menu. Nice to know all the food was cooked fresh.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

It's hard to find a decent bite to eat in Fakenham; in fact, the standard of food served in Norfolk generally ranges from middling to terrible.

What a lovely surprise, then, to come across D'Inacios in Fakernham. It's leagues ahead of the local competition and, were it in Norwich, would be competing favourably with many of the best there. It would beat all of them hands down though, with its friendly welcome and pleasant, intimate setting tucked away off the main part of town.

My wife and I have eaten at D'Inacios regularly over the past three years and I can truthfully say that the cuisine is lovely. A great summer lunch is one of their ham sandwiches followed by an Eton Mess. Or smoked prawns and a pastel de nata (Portuguese custard tart). I think my all-time favourite would have to be one of Carlos' steaks. The guy knows exactly how to do a good steak and I'd heartily recommend those to anyone who enjoys a nice piece of beef.

Go on, give it a try.

1  Thank JonD_1TR2
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On a weekend visit from London I decided to try this lovely restaurant in Fakenham, due to the great reviews it had on trip advisor, and I must say I have not been disappointed, the food was delicious, the staff were very attentive and the restaurant itself very charming. All in all a great find. I will definitely return on my next visit to North Norfolk.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I took a chance booking this restaurant as I knew very little about it (Fakenham is a place not known for it's cuisine) but saw from tripadvisor it had some good reviews.

We booked a table for four at 7pm as I was told the restaurant was busy. We arrived and there was one other table with two adults and children. The girl who greeted us was inexperienced and merely passed the menus - no hello, welcome to D'Iancios nor smile... Disappointing as she didn't brighten throughout the ordering process.

My husband's meal was overcooked - he had liver as a starter) and duck as a main meal. He wasn't asked how he'd like them cooked when ordering. He said the food was ok just passable as average.

My main course of sea bass with potatoes was nice, the fish was cooked well and the sauce had a mild flavour which suited the fish.

I would have given a better review of the restaurant as the food was a little above average but the service was poor - staff were young and inexperienced. We did take a while to decide when we arrived on menu choices (so that was our fault) but we waited more than 25 minutes to order a dessert which I feel was unacceptable especially as we had to go and ask for service.

1  Thank DianeLS
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lunch on Saturday was brilliant! Wonderfully tasty terrine for starter and perfectly fresh three-fish-with-new-potatoes Portuguese classic for main dish. I've lost count of the times we've been for dinner, but the menu has always had a terrific variety of original dishes. Service is friendly and calm and there's a good selection of delightful wines. Tables are a sensible size, seats are comfortable and the dining room has a delightful display of local art. This is an excellent restaurant and a must for anyone visiting North Norfolk.

1  Thank David F