“Great food locally sourced and made on the premises”
Review of The Bull Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fakenham
The Bull Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Fakenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great food, sourced locally and made on the premises. Excellent staff - friendly and helpful! Try the local sausages with fried onions baguette - yum! Good beer too. Support our local independent businesses - they need us and this one is definately recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susieporkymonkey

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just a pop in visit for us...but a well kept pub with friendly helpful staff and pleasant atmosphere with the locals. Good range of beers. Although we did not eat there, all food that was coming out looking well presented and tasty.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed two nights in this lovely little rural town pub. Rooms was basic but clean and functional. Breakfast was good, everyone was very helpful and accommodating.
Great choice of well kept real ales and all at affordable prices.
Will definitely be back :)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We did not eat in the pub, so I can't comment on that. We stayed in the B and B for one night and it cost £80 for a small family. The room looked ok, if a little basic but the problem was at night. We could hear scratching noises all night which sounded like they was coming from behind the plasterboard by the window. It was really loud and went on all night. Naturally, I thought it was rats or mice and I didn't sleep a wink. In the end our little girl and baby son all ended up sleeping in our bed. The next morning my husband mentioned this to the owner/manager who said it was starlings nesting in the roof. So they were obviously aware of this problem previously. I feel we should have been warned of this as if I had known it was only starlings I would not have been so scared. Anyway, just thought I had to write this review in case anyone wants to stay there.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We popped in here for lunch on thursday after looking around the market and auction house. Not what you expect from the outside, very clean and modern looking interior. Very pleased to see our favourite tipple "Old Rosie" cider! I had the ham, egg and chips with beans which was absolutely massive with loads of tasty ham. My husband had the burger which looked a lot smaller in comparison, but I think it was just the tiny plate it was on compared to my platter of food. It was very tasty and made with burgers from a local butcher. Good service, friendly barman, I would definately come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby W
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I were up in Fakenham and decided to have a spot of lunch on a Thursday. It was Market Day in the town and there was a lovely buzzing atmosphere. The pub had four ales and the chap nehind the bar said they also had a cask of cider (I thought about it, but it being over 7% we decided it was a bit too strong with our lunch). My husband had a Wherry and I had a half, a lovely ale that's local apparently. The food was typically pub sourced, but I liked the fact they stated they used free range eggs and the meats were local - I thinkt his theme of sourcing to local suppliers is a really great idea, especially in a town that seems as close knit as Fakenham. The food was wonderful, I had the burger, with chips and coleslaw and relish - very tasty and my husband had the sausage, egg, chips and beans. it was delicious and very filling - great value for money. I especially liked the fact that the Coleslaw was homemade on site - very seldom to establishments take taime out to chop their own cabbage, onions and carrots - it makes such a difference to that awful plastic stuff that many pubs and eatng places serve to their customers. The atmosphere in the pub was welcoming, warm and friendly. The food was great - there were lots of people in eating and there seemded to be a fair few regulars coming and going. Very lovely experience, next time we're up this way with the family we are going to do a steak night!

Room Tip: We didn't stay here but they do have a B&B facility.