“Overpriced Tiny Portions”

The Watermark Wine Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: British, Italian, French, American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Overpriced Tiny Portions”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We as a family went for lunch on a recent trip to Holt, the restaurant was pleasant enough and the waitress was friendly, unfortunately this is where the pleasantries end, we waited ages for the food to arrive and when it did the portions were tiny, I had a goats cheese salad which was a small portion of salad leaves with a few olives and a few crumbs of goats cheese!! more like a side salad than a main meal! the husband had a breakfast which was a tiny portion, the children's meals were ok although no garnishes of any kind just chips and a burger, my husband wanted to complain but as I didn't want the meal ruined we paid the bill and left. Very poor value for money!! we certainly won't visit again.

2 Thank Rebecca G

northants
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Both the food and service were excellent at this restaurant.It is only small and set back from the road, but well worth a visit.The smoked haddock is absolutely delicious, as was the mushroom and bacon carbonara. Would definitely recommend for lunchtime dinner, as we arrived at 2pm and it was extremely quiet.

1 Thank TurnerT
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Tiny portions, high prices”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nothing positive to say about this place. Party of 3, mid morning tea break... Sat down and waited ages to be served. Tea cup was dirty and when we politely asked the waitress to replace it, she huffed as she walked away. Tiny portions considering the price. Two of us were having tea but were served enough milk for barley one cup. Will avoid during our next trip!

3 Thank Briansquest
“Really good food slightly overpriced”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Both food and service are excellent in this restaurant. I will definitely go again. The crab spring rolls were delicious. The pasta and pizza also looks particularly good. I felt my salad was rather overpriced however, and that's the only reason I've given four rather than five stars.

1 Thank Touringmuso8
Leeds
“Insubstantial lunch”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I chose The Watermark for lunch on a recent trip to Holt because of the pleasant terrace out the back and because it offered something a little more interesting and sophisticated than paninis and quiche and it was to be my treat for a belated birthday celebration. The waitress was very nice and I don't recall a long wait for our order to arrive but I was shocked at the extremely skimpy portions for the price. I had a prawn and chorizo salad which had 3 prawns on top and my 3 companions had sandwiches, one of which cost £8 and the fillings in all were very meagre. One also was garnished only with half a dozen crisps while the other 2 also had a small amount of salad - shouldn't they all have been presented in the same way? I was so upset at this dreadful lack of value for money that my husband paid the bill. After this disappointing experience we continued to explore the town and realised how much else it has to offer. We'll take our business elsewhere next time

• Visited July 2014