“Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere, reasonable food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Watermark Wine Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

The Watermark Wine Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: British, Italian, French, American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere, reasonable food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Two adults, one 8 year old. Visited on last day of our holiday, Aug 14.

We like a nice meal on the last night of our summer holiday. We came to Holt, and on a local recommendation, visited The Watermark. It is a small and modern restaurant, with very friendly staff. It had a nice and relaxed atmosphere, with a few social drinkers and small groups dining.

The food was carefully presented and my wife and son really enjoyed their meals. My wife had mushroom wellington, which she thought was stunning. I actually thought my chicken carbonara was a little on the bland side, and the chicken wasn't, unfortunately, breast meat which is my preference. I had accidentally chosen from the lunch menu, but they said they could still do it. Not sure if that had any bearing on the quality.

Still, it was a very pleasant evening, all-in-all.

2 Thank Mark W

“Overpriced Tiny Portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We as a family went for lunch on a recent trip to Holt, the restaurant was pleasant enough and the waitress was friendly, unfortunately this is where the pleasantries end, we waited ages for the food to arrive and when it did the portions were tiny, I had a goats cheese salad which was a small portion of salad leaves with a few olives and a few crumbs of goats cheese!! more like a side salad than a main meal! the husband had a breakfast which was a tiny portion, the children's meals were ok although no garnishes of any kind just chips and a burger, my husband wanted to complain but as I didn't want the meal ruined we paid the bill and left. Very poor value for money!! we certainly won't visit again.

2 Thank Rebecca G
northants
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Both the food and service were excellent at this restaurant.It is only small and set back from the road, but well worth a visit.The smoked haddock is absolutely delicious, as was the mushroom and bacon carbonara. Would definitely recommend for lunchtime dinner, as we arrived at 2pm and it was extremely quiet.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TurnerT
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Tiny portions, high prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nothing positive to say about this place. Party of 3, mid morning tea break... Sat down and waited ages to be served. Tea cup was dirty and when we politely asked the waitress to replace it, she huffed as she walked away. Tiny portions considering the price. Two of us were having tea but were served enough milk for barley one cup. Will avoid during our next trip!

3 Thank Briansquest
“Really good food slightly overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Both food and service are excellent in this restaurant. I will definitely go again. The crab spring rolls were delicious. The pasta and pizza also looks particularly good. I felt my salad was rather overpriced however, and that's the only reason I've given four rather than five stars.

1 Thank Touringmuso8