“Lovely cafe good food and great service”
Review of Number 28

Number 28
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Holt
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas. Now open for Sunday lunch!!
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have been to No.28 on a number of occasions and had good food every time, the only thing i would say is i would love to see more choice of salads.
The tea is great nice to have it in a china teapot etc and the service is fabulous.
Will definitely be revisiting and would recommend you visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We visited for lunch whilst away on holiday. The food was lovely and my 10 year old son declared our waitress as the friendliest ever

1  Thank Arden24
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I echo previous compliments for this cafe. I had the ploughman's lunch, which I thought was a trifle expensive until it arrived. Lovely bread, sweet chutney, savoury crisps, plenty of ham and cheese and salad. I should have taken a doggy bag. My husband enjoyed a jacket potato. Chatty staff. Not cheap but Holt is up market town.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Spotlessly clean, lovely coffee and great hot chocolate. Have visited a couple of times and althought I haven't eaten there I liked it and because it is so clean, I would buy food there.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The staff and the hygiene is the best thing about this establishment, however the food was simple, average and overpriced - I've had better and could make it cheaper.

The only criticism I have is that the food could have been more homemade, rather than pre-packed. My salad was tasty but lacking that little extra oomph. The chicken could have been served warm, there wasn't any bacon or anchovies in it? (which there traditionally should be) the croutons could have been warm and homemade, and traditionally there shouldn't be any tomato or cucumber in it. Saying this, the bread served with it was lovely, chunky and rustic.

No.28 is obviously aimed at an older audience looking for some quiet afternoon tea, I'd come here again for the tea, coffee and homemade cake. But not for the over-priced and simple food! Don't take this as a criticism, it's just a suggestion on how to improve the cafe - as it's definitely full of potential!

1  Thank ShellfishShellby