“good”

Ranked #21 of 54 Restaurants in Holt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just had a one night stay, there is a comfortable bar with a good choice of beers, the menu was good but we chose the al-a-carte as the restaurant was quieter and welcoming. Food served was good and plentiful but a bit pricy. Our room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good, with quality bacon and sausage which is always nice. Private car park, and would visit again

Harrie M, Owner at Feathers Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I used to stay with a friend in Holt and so I already knew the Feathers but, now that she has moved to Cromer, we still come here for lunch on one or two of my yearly visits. I first tried their Fish Pie a couple of years ago but I love it so much that I always choose the same dish. My friend tends to try different dishes but she has always enjoyed whatever dish has taken her fancy. This is an 18th century pub and hotel and there is a varied menu both in the bar and in the Plume restaurant. I have also had their Sunday Roast lunches and their Scampi is particularly good. They have a very good salad, jacket potato and sandwich menu and very nice desserts are offered, if you can manage to eat anything else. The bar is always buzzy and crowded and the staff are friendly and helpful. It gets very crowded during lunch time which in, itself, is a very good recommendation so do try it for yourselves.

Harrie M, Owner at Feathers Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for a weekend on a Groupon deal. Excellent value. Nice hotel, nice room. Dinner good, breakfast excellent. Only criticism was that the reception was rarely staffed and had to go looking for staff in the bar area. I'd definitely stay here again, but not at the full price.

Harrie M, Owner at Feathers Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spent two nights at The Feathers on a Groupon deal. The staff are really friendly & helpful. Room was comfortable & quiet. The 3 course table dhote meal on our first night was included & did not disappoint. Large portions (too big for me but not my husband) & food was tasty & served hot. So nice that we chose to eat there again on our second night despite being surrounded by places to eat. Well placed in the centre of this lovely town. Will definitely stay again when next in north Norfolk.

Harrie M, Owner at Feathers Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, following your stay with us. We look forward welcoming you back again to The Feathers Hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel was very busy and we were warned that the service would be slow. It was very, very slow and the food was quite bland. The waitress and waiter were very attentive and did all they could for you. It was clean and the tables well spaced.

Harrie M, Owner at Feathers Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We do take all our customers reviews very serious and where necessary, we will act.