“Best ever Ploughmans! And fair price for good food.”
Review of Horatio's

Horatio's
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Holt
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the fourth time I've returned to Horatio's with my family (my wife and our little daughter), we've found there's always something fresh and new to delight us. My wife enjoys the good selection of teas and finds the coffee superb, better than the regular fare you get served up at all the high street coffee chains owned by overseas companies. My daughter enjoys the different displays they put on, for example, at Christmas the coffee shop was magical with little lights and Christmas decorations, and they have a great Easter display, we've been back for our summer holiday break to find a quirky seaside scene this time resplendent with pebbles and deck chair, all adding to the atmosphere of a local family-run place that's pleasant to spend time in. All of this is good, but for me the clincher is the ploughman's. Gary, the chef, makes the best ploughman's I've ever enjoyed and so we will keep returning for more!

2  Thank Richard R

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We're really impressed with the service, food and coffee we had at Horatio's this week. We had our little 7 month old baby and nothing was too much trouble for the staff to make us comfortable. Sometimes one finds places at look nice but then disappoint when one shows up with a baby! We had a lovely convivial meal and returned later for coffee, a fantastic experience overall and will return here during the next Holt festival week when we come back.

1  Thank Fiona K
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is our 2nd visit to Horatios and was as enjoyable as the first.
Great choice on the menu from breakfast (served all day), snacks, mains and a great choice of cakes. Friendly service and nothing too much trouble.
Looking forward to the next visit.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My favourite spot was not open on a Sunday so I ventured further a field and found this place. The coffee was fine (not brilliant) but I'd go back for the food - I had a delicious (and huge!) cheese scone, a traditional sausage roll and a brownie (this was the best bit!). There are two, two seater tables outside and we were lucky enough to arrive as one became free so we enjoyed our food and drink outside in the sunshine. However inside looked comfortable and clean too. I'll be back for more brownie next time I'm in Holt!

1  Thank Princess_Penguin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you are visiting Holt, you must visit horatios! The breakfast was fantastic as was the warm welcome. The cakes are amazing too. A wonderful find.

1  Thank Alison H