“awfull”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hunstanton B&B and Inns
suffolk
“awfull”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had booked this place for this weekend but sadly last night my partner broke his ankle so out of respect I thought I should contact the proprietor first thing so he could then rent room to someone else as it is such a busy time of year, but to my discust I had this very rude,aggressive and very angry horrible man answer the phone, shouting at me for 'waking ' him up at 6.50 am, !!!!! As I thought this was a b &b I had to be honest expected him to be up,
I was shocked that this is how this guy talks to people who are paying money to stay here , not only would I never recommended this place to anyone I would warn people to beware if sadly like me you have to cancel due to something so awful

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen t
sui2838, Owner at The Gables, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
We feel this is a very unfair review. This person originally called us at 6.40 am, yes we were fast asleep in bed as were most of our guests. We did not answer the call for the reason being that if it were important the person would call back. The phone rang again at 6.50am so on this occasion we were certain that it must be an emergency so my husband promptly jumped out of bed to answer the call. Can you imagine his is dismay at finding out at this hour in the morning it was a booking wishing to cancel their stay with us! He was certainly not rude as I was listening to this call aware that something must be very wrong either with a family member or a resident guest, my husband was merely direct and maybe a little short with them. This person not only woke us up but half of the guests staying with us as we have a house phone in the guest area for guests to use in an emergency. This person did not even need to call us to cancel as they had booked via a booking agent so had to cancel with them. They were told that part of the booking agents terms and conditions that they would have to pay us for the first nights accommodation which we still have not received. However as a gesture of good will we will not pursue the cancellation payment and wish a speedy recovery to the injured party.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a really friendly B+B which served a fantastic breakfast every morning.

The hosts were very welcoming and very knowledgeable about the area.

Would definitely recommend to everyone.

Stayed in Room 4, which was a lovely big room with a double bed and a singe bed, en suite bathroom with shower which overlooked the sea.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a sea view, and is very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

on our arrival I was quite pleased with what id picked.Richard greeted us and was very friendly .Our room was lovely,it was at the top of the house and had a lovely view of the sea.The disappointment came when I went into the bathroom and found that the toiletries were half empty.You always like to think that you are the only ones that have been in that room sao I would of preferred my own little bottles.The coffee tray looked lovely had two bottles of mineral water and two packets of good biscuits,unfortunately the following day we had nothing.The breakfast was very good the only off putting thing was chipped teapot,plate cup and milk jug.Its such a shame as the hotel was very clean but the little things were missing

Room Tip: superior delux rooms are very spacious and have a sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merilyn2
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a two night break at the gables. We really rnjoyed its pleaseant friendly atmosphere and great location.food was lovely and rooms very nice clean and worth the money.we would recommend and def go back very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pinkpig2
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was our first visit to The Gables and it won't be our last. The most comfortable bed I have slept in, even better than the Premier Inn and I thought they couldn't be beaten on that! and the cooked breakfasts are perfect., I was impressed by the way the house had been renovated with furniture and fittings with a period feel. The location is very good, just a hundred yards from the sea and opposite the Sensory Garden, which I believe Richard helped to create. Richard and Linda hit just the right note -friendly and welcoming without being intrusive. And the cat is lovely!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Last minute decision to have a short break,managed to find some where to stay called The Gables our luck must be in with out any doubt one of the best places we have stayed in for bed and breakfast hotel.
The owners are very helpful and the breakfast sets you up for the day.the rooms are clean and well equipped every thing you need is there.
Will be returning soon.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent a very pleasant nine days at the Gables during June. In every way, the guest house met our expectations. On arrival, the welcome from the owner, Richard, was warm & friendly & we immediately felt "at home." Our room (which Richard & his wife, Linda, had kindly upgraded to the one we had originally booked but at the same price) was clean, comfortable & with a pleasing view over a park & the sea beyond. The full English breakfast was wonderful - perfectly cooked & well presented. We had access to our room throughout the day, which allowed us to be flexible with our daily plans. We were sad to leave at the end of our holiday but we will certainly return.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the extensive breakfast menu & you will not need to eat anything else througho...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Best Western Old Hunstanton Le Strange Arms Hotel
#8 of 22 in Hunstanton
Cori House B&B
Cori House B&B
#13 of 22 in Hunstanton

Been to The Gables? Share your experiences!