“Excellent room, reasonable service.”
Review of Marine Hotel

Marine Hotel
Ranked #18 of 22 Hunstanton B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent room, reasonable service.”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Arrived late with no booking, after a twin but offered a double room as twins all gone. Not dissapointed, the room was of a good up to date standard, the bed was massive, very comfortable and we had a good night's uninterrupted sleep. One niggle about the room was that the light and extractor fan in the bathroom did not come on as expected one of those sensor types it only seemed to work when dark, the shower was very good as was the bathroom itself. TV reception was freeview digital terrestrial and very good.

As we had arrived late we had an evening meal in the bar. Staff were friendly enough although they seemed rushed and occupied with other tasks but we put our order in and paid with the order, the same as we paid in advance for the room (no problem as we were showed the room first before booking). The evening meal was more quick bar food than restaurant quality and if it wasn't so late we would have found a local eaterie however it was late and for the price £6.50 chilli con carne, rump steak £9.30 we did not expect gourmet dining.

We paid £60 for bed and breakfast (£30 each). The breakfast was reasonable, we asked the chef to cook the eggs soft yolk but whites fully cooked and he did. No complaints and would stay again but would go out for an evening meal.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
cambridge
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed one night with our little dog and the quality of the room was superb. Huge bed and lovely bathroom. The night was a bit noisy but then in middle of Hunstanton surrounded by bars and restaurants. Staff were very helpful and food was also good. We have rebooked a few dates to go back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
northamptonshire
Reviewed 28 June 2010

My partner, two year old son and myself had a bar meal here on Saturday night. We were not expecting a 5 star meal as we had our son with us, just a quick bite to eat.......however, we did expect to be treated in a warm and welcoming manner.
On arrival we ordered drinks and asked to see the menu, I asked if we could run a tab as we would be paying by card and was informed by the girl behind the bar that 'we don't do tabs'.....no explanation, just a disaproving look!! We then noticed there were no childrens options listed and were very bluntly told, by my newly found friend 'we don't cater for children'. At this point we should have left, however, my son was tired and we just wanted to get a bite to eat before putting him to bed. I also felt I was developing a rapport with the bar staff and as sausage and mash was only £6.00 something so we ordered that for our son.
Whilst waiting for our food I returned to the bar to order some more drinks to find one of the waiters shouting across the bar to his female colleague ( the one who obviously thought I'd do a runner if she gave me a tab) what a terrible week he'd had as his boyfriend had dumped him and how this hot weather was making his make up run!! Now I'm very open minded but I'm on holiday, its hot and I want a pint.......get over it, move on, stop ignoring me and please, please serve me!!!
Food arrived, my partners and mine was actually ok (although poorly presented), our sons was lovely........if you dont like fresh food and prefer over salted, low meat content sausages, bland (other than the salt), microwaved (nuked) food.
Almost forgot, there is a positive......the guy who has a star shaved in the side of his haircut was very polite and helpful (and I'm not being sarcastic) ......thanks mate!!!!
My advice would be to avoid this establishment like the plague!!!!! Shame as its a nice building in a good spot!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank robex6567
Steeple Bumpstead, Suffolk
Reviewed 18 October 2008

Hotel newly converted, clean and modern. Stayed here as our usual North Norfolk hotel was fully booked.
Friendly small hotel-well intentioned, but generally unprofessional.
We had a 2nd floor (no lift) superior double room with sea views across a road and building site. Comfortable 4.5ft bed and best tea and coffee machine we have ever used. Good bathroom with all singing all dancing shower, but inadequate water pressure. Rooms very poorly insulated. Frantic and noisy love making in adjoining room not only disturbed us but also staff in bar two floors down, who hammered on door to complain! Apologies offered at reception the following morning but no discount offered.
Car park only holds 3/4 cars.
Reasonable breakfast, but choice of only three cereals, no fruit or yogurt etc. Cooked option good, but very unprofessional waiter. He waited without apology with our cooked breakfasts while we cleared away our cereal bowls and found somewhere to stack them. No side plates or clean knives supplied for toast.
Would only stay again if stuck for accommodation.

• Liked — Cleanliness and newness.
  • Disliked — No sound insulation.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Best Western Old Hunstanton Le Strange Arms Hotel
#21 of 22 in Hunstanton
The Burleigh
The Burleigh
#1 of 22 in Hunstanton

Been to Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!