1,049 results
All reviewsjunior suitebuffet styledog friendly hotellovely hotelevening mealstandard roomhunstanton beachthe north norfolk coastground floordog ownerssunday lunchshort breakfamily roomdvd playerbird watchingthird visitfirst class
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Really happy with our choice of hotel, and would return again. Clean hotel, excellent staff, who attended to our 2 young childrens needs throughout. Our children enjoyed the outside toys and the wendy house. The bathrooms could do with updating, but are clean and functional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bw171080
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were lead up the stairs to a lovely room. With fluffy dressing gowns on the bed lovely white crisp sheets on the bed. room service in the morning yummy cooked breakfast at our little table for two in our room over looking the courtyard.
Towels were the fluffiest and the shower was great pressure. Newspaper also delivered. Shame people leave bad reviews on a lovely hotel will stay again when we back in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

After reading the reviews on this hotel and having paid £350 (discounted price apparently) for 2 nights stay I was very disappointed with everything about the place. After filling out the necessary form on arrival and requested a daily newspaper. I was shown to my room with only mild politeness. The room was nothing special even though I paid for a 'larger' room and had a foisty smell about it. Although I had expected a certain amount of noise from other guests especially on a Bank Holiday weekend, I certainly didn't expect to be kept awake until 5am from the noisy plumbing and from creaking? noisy wood that needed repairing. I decided not to stay for the 2nd night and booked myself out. I told the receptionist that I'd had a sleepless night because of the noise and hadn't received the newspaper I'd requested. She asked if I realised I would be charged for the second night anyway, then noticed I had paid in advance. She went to get me a newspaper and said "it's just £1.10 for the newspaper then". I left the newspaper. I won't be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ahowe10
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We booked a week's dinner bed and breakfast at Caley Hall which is ample time to give a fair assessment. As I am disabled, I asked for a room with compatable facilities and we were allocated a Superior room which ticked all the boxes. It had two double beds, a table and two chairs, dressing table with stool and ample storage space. The bathroom was fully equipped with all the handles etc.to accommodate my disability and with plenty of storage space for toiletries. On going in for dinner on our first night, we were delighted with the standard of food and its presentation. Although slightly Cordon Bleu, there was plenty of it and extremely well cooked. the waitresses were pleasant, helpful and attentive at all times. Breakfast was equally good with plenty of choice of fruit, cereals etc. and a buffet style main course of which again there was plenty to choose from. And this set the standard for the rest of the week. It was a pleasure to dine there. In the bar, the girls even waited on me because of my crutches. I cannot understand the whingers who moan about the most insignifcant things. We found the whole experience extremely pleasurable and we could not fault it. It is a tad pricey for pensioners like us, but if you want perfection, you must be prepared to pay for it.

Room Tip: If you are disabled, opt for room H5.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Walaby01
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We paid £200 per night b&b for a family 2 room unit. The room is crammed with beds and furniture, hardly any room for people. We asked for a cot well in advance for our small toddler but one wasn't put in. There was hardly any room to put the cot in the second bedroom. The main bedroom had one double bed and one single bed. The double bed was very small. The shower was pathetic. It took me 15 minutes to wash my hair. No pressure when warm, slightly better pressure when scalding hot. We got back from a wet excursion wanting to give the kids their afternoon nap, and to warm up only to find the rooms freezing cold as radiators not working although staff did rectify the problem. The towel rail in the bathroom is so hot it really hurt my daughter's arm when she brushed it accidentally. Cold tiles (damp to the touch) and freezing bathroom. We were in a large family party of about 18 adults and 4 children so I can understand that they would want our dinner orders early but we were harassed over breakfast to place our orders while we were trying to deal with the children. Lovely little play house for small children in one courtyard with lots of toys, as well as a little basket of toys in the lounge. DVDs to rent at £3 each. Food was ok.

Stayed: April 2012