1,047 results
All reviewsjunior suitebuffet styledog friendly hotellovely hotelevening mealstandard roomhunstanton beachthe north norfolk coastground floordog ownerssunday lunchshort breakfamily roomdvd playerbird watchingthird visitfirst class
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at Caley hall last minute and what a great find. Really welcoming, friendly staff. The chalet style rooms were very comfortable and the food was fantastic. We were B&B but ended up eating dinner on both nights as the food was so good. Only a quick walk to the beach, which was beautiful. Shame the weather wasn't a bit better, but everything else we couldn't fault.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We had a suite, (living room with settee, a bedroom, and a bathroom) all quite spacious by European standards. No elevator, so the wall leading up to the room had been banged around by bags because the hallway is very narrow. But even though the hallway was somewhat worn, the room itself was pleasant and not worn at all. The place seemed very family friendly with children's toys and playhouses everywhere, but there really weren't any children about. We had both breakfast and dinner at the restaurant and the food was good, although a bit "over-parsleyed" for my taste. We had an evening walk across the golf course but it got too dark before we got to the sea. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraE3
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Really happy with our choice of hotel, and would return again. Clean hotel, excellent staff, who attended to our 2 young childrens needs throughout. Our children enjoyed the outside toys and the wendy house. The bathrooms could do with updating, but are clean and functional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bw171080
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were lead up the stairs to a lovely room. With fluffy dressing gowns on the bed lovely white crisp sheets on the bed. room service in the morning yummy cooked breakfast at our little table for two in our room over looking the courtyard.
Towels were the fluffiest and the shower was great pressure. Newspaper also delivered. Shame people leave bad reviews on a lovely hotel will stay again when we back in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

After reading the reviews on this hotel and having paid £350 (discounted price apparently) for 2 nights stay I was very disappointed with everything about the place. After filling out the necessary form on arrival and requested a daily newspaper. I was shown to my room with only mild politeness. The room was nothing special even though I paid for a 'larger' room and had a foisty smell about it. Although I had expected a certain amount of noise from other guests especially on a Bank Holiday weekend, I certainly didn't expect to be kept awake until 5am from the noisy plumbing and from creaking? noisy wood that needed repairing. I decided not to stay for the 2nd night and booked myself out. I told the receptionist that I'd had a sleepless night because of the noise and hadn't received the newspaper I'd requested. She asked if I realised I would be charged for the second night anyway, then noticed I had paid in advance. She went to get me a newspaper and said "it's just £1.10 for the newspaper then". I left the newspaper. I won't be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo