“Fantastic food & service”
Review of Rockafella - CLOSED

Rockafella
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here on our last night staying in Hunstanton. There were 6 adults 3 children and 2 toddlers and we were told we could sit where ever we chose so chose a little part with 3 tables set back from the main restaurant. The restaurant was clean and the inside furnishings matched the outside. The jukebox was set to free play so you could chose what to listen too and the staff were polite and service was brilliant considering the amount of us. They didn't struggle to serve all 11 meals at the same time and the staff were really patient and friendly. The restaurant was busy but ran smoothly. The food was fantastic with everyone complementing the portion size quality and price would definitely visit again when In the area. Top marks.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We picked this on a whim as it advertised sub sandwiches and I thought my fussy four year old would find something he liked. I was expecting the American Diner, but I wasn't expecting it to be so beautifully themed inside.
At first look the menu seemed expensive, but as we were expecting it to rain heavily we sat tight and ordered. When the food arrived, the portions were huge, and we didn't eat again that day. my daughter had the Philly cheese steak sub. It was packed with meat, and they had even asked how she wanted the meat cooked. My son had the kids hot dog, and although it wasn't stated on the menu it had a portion of beans with it which was a bonus. Again, the portion was substantial for a four year old. Hubby had some kind of meat sub (can't remember exactly, but he said it had 4 kinds of meat), which was over flowing with filling - very tasty, and I had a club sandwich, which was probably the smallest portion on the menu, but still big enough so I didn't need to eat that night. We had also ordered a portion of mozzarella sticks as a starter which were fab, but not needed as the portions were so big.
The food was all really good quality, and yes, it did take a long time to come to us, but I'm satisfied that the reason was everything was freshly prepared and cooked. It was definitely worth waiting for. The only disappointment was that we were too full for dessert (imported from the US - I was looking forward to the Key Lime Pie, but had no room).
The place was spotless ( I am very fussy about cleanliness), and smelled clean too. The toilets were let down only by an old inefficient hand dryer, but even the loo lids had US skyline scenes. The décor was great, and the free jukebox kept the kids entertained. The menu claimed (I think) that the meat was local, and the quality was superb.

So overall, it's expensive for a family lunch, but as we didn't eat again that night it evened out. Prices were probably more in line with an evening meal.

Would I eat there again? Definitely if I was in the area. I would definitely recommend it to others - not something I do lightly.

1  Thank alison p
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was relaxed with good music. The good portions were huge and plenty of choice and the view over the sea was lovely!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

went here today while on holiday with family.i had a burger.manhattan something or other.husband had the ribs.(reckons the best he has ever had) two kids both had hotdogs.looked quite basic with chips and beans but tasted of good quality.burger stated as homemade and without a doubt was.cooked perfect medium.tasted fantasic.lots of toppings etc.nice milkshakes aswell.after a number of poor dining experiences in hunstaton this week it made a refreshing change t have a quality meal at a good price.jukebox was a nice touch aswell.kids couldnt keep off it! well done guys.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic setting over looking the sea! My 5 year old loved the decor inside and the food was delicious - fun & enjoyable all round!