“Many Happy Returns”

Ranked #1 of 12 North Walsham B&B and Inns
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Many Happy Returns”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have stayed several times at 'Chimneys', it is always welcoming and usually with more improvements. We have stayed in all the rooms and they are all cheerful and comfortable. Jenny and family are always welcoming and you instantly feel at home. The breakfasts are comprehensive, and Jenny will always cook exactly what you would like.
My recent stay was with my two grandchildren, one of which needed a visit to the 'Out of hours Doctors'. Once again Jenny came to the rescue. My sisters and I will be back later in the year for our annual family Christmas get together and an enjoyable stay at 'Chimneys'.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with a bath ask. Chimneys has a very good room with a great bathroom and a bath...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jenny_harmer8, Owner at Chimneys B & B, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
It was great to see you again with your gorgeous grandchildren. I hope your grandson recovered quickly.
We try our hardest to be child friendly. In fact, friendly is one of the most important factors at Chimneys. We want you to feel comfortable and at ease, who ever you are.
It never feels like B & B when you come Sheila, it's more like friends visiting.
Looking forward to seeing you all at Christmas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ely
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this great B&B. Our room was large, very clean, newly decorated and stylish. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had two comfortable arm-chairs, TV, clock radio and a service tray which included home-baked cakes, biscuits and a sweet-tin! Breakfasts were delicious - fresh home-cooked breads, home-made jams and a full English using locally sourced sausage and bacon. We also indulged in a cream tea served in the large, pleasant garden - beautifully presented and delicious! As well as being a great cook, Jenny, our host, was extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. North Walsham makes an excellent base for exploring the North Norfolk coast and countryside. I can thoroughly recommend staying here if you want a quality B&B with great home cooking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
jenny_harmer8, Owner at Chimneys B & B, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your very detailed review. I am so glad that you appreciated all the things at I hold dear within the hospitality industry.
Thank you also for pointing out that North Walsham is an ideal location if you enjoy all the variety that Norfolk has to offer, We are brilliantly situated with great public transport, very accessible to `The Broads, the North Norfolk Beaches, our wonderful city of Norwich and two fantastic National Trust Houses.
I very much enjoyed your company and hope to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed one night whilst on a walking holiday. We were pretty tired when we arrived but Jenny the host was very welcoming and we enjoyed a cup of tea and homemade biscuits. Our en-suite twin room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We had pre-booked an evening meal which was cooked by Jenny and served on the balcony overlooking the garden. This was very tasty with good quality ingredients and we felt it was good value. The same attention to detail was evident at breakfast with home made bread and preserves plus a range of cooked breakfast choices.
The B&B is located on a fairly busy road but the house is set back off this road. I didn't notice any traffic noise and we had the window open.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank baytree15
Thank you for your kind review.
Chimneys is the perfect spot for Weavers Way walkers and there are other interesting trails and walks besides, the Paston Way being one and the Coastal Path.
I am very happy to prepare an evening meal if asked in advance and yet again the balcony is a great place to have supper on a warm evening.
I'm glad you enjoyed my homemade bread and preserves. Only the best is good enough for Chimneys.
Hoping to see you again.
Best Wishes,
Reviewed 2 August 2014

From arranging our stay nothing was to much trouble the hospitality was second to none fresh fruit in the room excellent beverage facilities homemade shortbread and then the breakfast all laid out on the balcony overlooking a beautiful garden good quality food homemade bread jams etc everything perfect well worth a stay

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you were able to have breakfast on the balcony, the perfect spot to start the day.
I put every effort into making my guests comfortable and happy, I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.
Please come again.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The guest house is clean and beautifully decorated, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are well equipped with tea, coffee, and biscuits.
Above all this is Jenny the hostess who on our second visit remembered an amazing amount about my family and I, if you are looking to stay in this beautiful area of Norfolk then I would highly recommend this guest house.
Great tinned tomatoes too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but I would like to try the four poster bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jenny_harmer8, Owner at Chimneys B & B, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
It was great to see you again and I am so pleased that you enjoyed all things Chimneys!
I am extremely pleased that I had tinned tomatoes as that is your preference. I hasten to add if any guest would like any particular food requirement we are most happy to oblige if we know in advance. Be it fried bread, black pudding, tinned tomatoes, whatever is your favourite, if its not on the menu, it certainly can be.
The customer is King at Chimneys.
Very Best Wishes,
Camberley
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very spacious and clean room with view over a lovely garden of which you are welcomed to enjoy. Rooms had all facilities you could think of which was great as I forgot my hair dryer. Amazing breakfast. very friendly and accommodating. Would certainly go back next year.

• Stayed July 2014
jenny_harmer8, Owner at Chimneys B & B, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you very much for leaving a very positive review. The Walpole Room is a great treat with a fantastic view of the garden and at the rear of the house.
I'm glad you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to seeing you next year.
Very Best Wishes,
Sileby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Jenny is a fantastic host, very welcoming and full of really useful local knowledge. The Walpole room was a fab place to stay, the balcony breakfast was a joy, and believe me the quality of the full English brekkie has never been bettered anywhere I have ever stayed. The little homemade cakes in the room were a lovely little bonus. Good location and loads to see and do, much more than can be squeezed into one weekend. All in all 5 star accom and excellent value.

Room Tip: Walpole room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
jenny_harmer8, Owner at Chimneys B & B, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay. There is no doubt a balcony breakfast when the sun shines gives you a good start. It is very true there is lots to do in this part of Norfolk when the weathers good. Hope to see you again so that you can discover a bit more.
I appreciate you taking the time to review Chimneys.
Best Wishes,
The Manor Hotel
The Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mundesley
Olde Hall Bed and Breakfast

Been to Chimneys B & B? Share your experiences!