“Love it here”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in delightful North Norfolk countryside, our stylish award winning restaurant features a fashionable modern interior complete with a sumptuous lounge and spectacular bar. A fantastic choice for any occasion whether it's a breakfast to kick start the day or a quick coffee, a light lunch or an a la carte lunch or dinner. Good food has always been a vital ingredient of The Olive Tree's delivery and an important connection with its rural location. The restaurant offers a Modern British food style using only the best local, fresh ingredients - organic wherever possible. Our guiding principle is quite simply to source and prepare the fabulous seasonal produce on our doorstep, providing real food with true flavours. There is also a lovely Mediterranean-style outside terrace with a central picturesque water feature with Koi Carp, box hedges, olive trees and fronds of papyrus grass, which is ideal for al fresco dining and drinks on warm summer evenings.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I eat here regularly but this is the first time I have had a light lunch. It was fab sitting outside by the fish ponds in the sun. I had mussels and they were excellent, my friend had a prawn & crayfish sandwich which was huge. She said it was a sandwich "to die for". The staff and chef are wonderful and always make you so welcome

There are newer reviews for The Olive Tree

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to visit the Lodges and had lunch on the terrace at The Olive Tree. Atmosphere was lovely, decking area very nice, very good food and good selection of wine which we all enjoyed. I also left my phone there by mistake and Amy was a star at getting it back to me by post once Id located it.... so a huge thank you to the Olive Tree all round.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We used to go to the Olive Tree a lot, we even got engaged there, but we haven't been there for about a year! So we thought we would return..... Well the seat cushions are stained, the table cloth was stained, the cutlery was dirty, then when they brought my wine over the glasses were dirty!!! Anyway we ordered our food.... to which I order a Homemade Burger topped with Pulled BBQ Pork.... and my partner ordered the Pork Chop, which the waitress asked him how he would like it cooked??? As I informed her there is no other way to serve pork other than COOKED!!! When our food arrived my Burger was never home made nor were the chunky chips!! The Pulled Pork was cold and after one taste I realized it was also off!!! As for the Pork Chop it was burnt and tough!! So we got up and walked out as it was just a joke on how bad our whole meal was, which was such a shame as it used to be so nice.
After this we went to Norfolk Mead, at Coltishall and it was amazing, highly recommend it there.

3  Thank emmal0u12
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a find, lovely food in a beautiful setting. Did not expect to find this in the middle of a holiday caravan park.

1  Thank loucov
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We approached this place with a good deal of trepidation. It is set in what would be called a trailer park in America. Inside the restaurant is a very good modernist design. We were there for lunch and sat right by the window and nearly fried. A number of the trailer park people came in for drinks and sat outside by the swimming pool.

Service was excellent and informative. The food was excellent with very good presentation. I haven't had beef wellington in ages. It was very good - the steak was tender and done medium rare how I like it.

My wife had a lunch special and was equally delighted.

1  Thank Mike L