“Best breakfast in Norfolk, quite possibly!”
Review of The Cockerel - CLOSED

The Cockerel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a lovely cafe which I've discovered so close to my home! Can't believe I didn't know it existed for so long. I've been missing out!

Friendly staff and amazing big breakfast! So large I need to share it but sooooo good! I'm becoming a very regular customer and don't see this stopping anytime soon.

I'm looking forward to going to one of their themed nights --- tapas or meze! I'm sure that experience will prompt another favourable review!

MarkRushen, Owner at The Cockerel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review, we really appreciate your time. We take a lot of care over what we do and it means a lot to all of us to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks again and hope to see you soon - Italian night next!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Haven't been in in a while and hoped it would be as good as I remembered. We were not disappointed. We received a wonderful warm welcome from a really lovely lady. The menu had lots of choice from Welsh rarebit to full meals. We all ordered sandwiches and not one of us could finish our plentiful plates (at reasonable prices). Well worth a visit, will try not to leave it so long for our next visit.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review, we really happy you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon. Many thanks, Mark

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stumbled across this little cafe tucked away on a side street!
The ladies who serve were mumsie and lovely! I was expecting great things from the reviews! Slightly disappointed! Had the broccoli and stilton soup, it was unbelievably watered down and sadly tasted of water + flavouring! My partners all day breakfast was amazing, it was huge, and to be fair, who could really ruin a fry up! The whitebait was lovely, but the tea tasted very chloriney, I think the water must be hard! I was sitting near the toilet sadly, so people were going in and out, with a fly willing to hang around throughout the meal! What really impressed me, were the games on offer for the kiddies to enjoy!! Definitely family friendly!

MarkRushen, Owner at The Cockerel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I'm really pleased you liked your whitebait and breakfast. We're very proud of our breakfasts, not only taking care how we cook them, but using very good quality ingredients. I think it's quite easy to ruin a fry up - for me it's all about the quality of the sausages & eggs being cooked the way you like them.

We make all our soups here and I assure you they are not watered down. The broccoli and Stilton soup contains broccoli, Stilton and stock. If you'd told us at the time you hadn't enjoyed it, we could have taken steps to make sure you left happy, which is what we want and why we do what we do.

We are only a small restaurant as you saw, I'm sorry you found it too busy near the toilets, if you come and see us again we can make sure you sit elsewhere. The area is a had water area however I've never had anyone say the tea tasted of chlorine. We would happily have changed your drink had you told us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I hope we see you again soon so we can make sure we get everything 100% right.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice lunch, the cockerel club sandwich is supurb, and it is nice to see a proper side salad with a delicious dressing. Very good price and fantastic quality.
Just a couple of minutes from the main street and opposite the town carpark it is perfectly positioned with a lovely shaded courtyard outside.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're very happy you enjoyed your club sandwich - it's very filling isn't it?!

We're particularly pleased with the courtyard garden this year too, the plants are looking lovely & the hanging baskets, from Hadfield's in town are very pretty.

Thank you again, we work hard to try and get it right and it really is lovely to read reviews like this. I'll make sure the team see it. Thank you

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to North Walsham on a shopping trip, arriving around lunchtime and The Cockerel was close to where we parked so we went in for lunch. What a good decision! This is a great place for lunch - great food, reasonable prices and good friendly service. We will certainly go here again next time we are in North Walsham.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we're really pleased you like what we do. We're a small family business and put our heart & soul into what we do. It really makes our day to read reviews like this. Thank you. I'll make sure the rest if the team see it as well.