“After all the recommendations, I expected better.”

The Smokey Grill House
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: New
North Walsham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After all the recommendations, I expected better.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The restaurant was quite quiet when I visited. The food was ok, I do think there could be more of a variety for children. The service was good although as it was quiet I felt like I was being watched continuously.

• Visited January 2014

North Walsham, United Kingdom
“Great night”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

thoroughly nice well cooked meal, steaks cooked exactly to order, friendly staff and sizzling pud is very much recommend. A better wine list would be appreciated

• Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

what a fabulous meal we had at the smokey grill house,which led us to return again and again,we are now on our 5th visit,run by a lovely family fantastic atmosphere,fantastic food and really good prices,very highly recommended especially as when we go we have with us one of the fussiest people I know to feed,but he loves going there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sharon T
“A bit of a Micky Mouse operation.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Went in for a birthday meal about 20 of us, a lot to cater for and food did come out reasonably together. I had mixed grill which were very nice. Anyone who had burgers complained they were like eating Frozen ones from Iceland, I tried a bit, horrible. Value for money is there but attitude of staff and the atmosphere needs to change. It literally feels like a daytime cafe. Had to order drinks at a 'bar'. Barman told one girl 'next time try paying with something smaller as I don't have change' the other telling my wife to bring the tray back when she's finished. No smiles, not very good service, food average for most people. I wouldn't recommend or in recommend. If you want simple cheap food it's ok. Possibly not somewhere you'd go on a date. Needs better organisation, staff looked confused most of the time. Cheer up!!

• Visited February 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Really impressed! Didnt go expecting much but was amazing!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Went to this restaurant Saturday night and honestly couldn't believe how good it is!!! Didn't go expecting to much as I very rarely eat out in North Walsham but the meal was amazing! myself and my partner both had the 8oz steak and it was huge for the money, come with chips, salad, mushrooms, sauce and tomatoes and the steak wasn't fatty and was cooked brilliantly! Highly recommend and would defo go again!!!! GREAT value for money, all the food was great including starter and dessert!! :)

• Visited January 2014