“Worth a visit”

Description: New
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Didn't realise this was here until we visited the garden centre and saw the signage so thought we'd give it a try and was glad we did.

It was empty when we got there at 6pm but a party of 14 and 2 other couples came in so we weren't all alone for too long. Its used as a cafe in the daytime and the grill restaurant at night its not a posh place, looks like a typical american diner but its clean, spacious and the tables are set up nicely with red tablecloths so it was fine for us

We started with the BBQ chicken wings to share at £6:49, this was 6 little wings with a little bowl of salad. For our main courses I had the Sirloin Steak with grilled potatoes , mushrooms and tomatoes (£12:99) and my hubby had the BBQ chicken fillet with grilled potatoes (£7:99), you get a bowl of salad with every meal. Couldn't manage a sweet but hubby had the New York Cheesecake with cherry compote. Both had a glass of wine £3.

Couldn't fault the food at all, great value for money, steak was cooked perfectly, all presented nicely, grilled potatoes were a change from chips and the cheesecake tasted yummy especially the cherry compote.

Young man who served us was polite, if I had to make one little suggestion it would be to give people a little time between courses for the food to be digested, each course came out quickly with military precision and that can make some people feel bit rushed.

So in summary, good food at great prices, give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nfkgirl

North Walsham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After all the recommendations, I expected better.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The restaurant was quite quiet when I visited. The food was ok, I do think there could be more of a variety for children. The service was good although as it was quiet I felt like I was being watched continuously.

• Visited January 2014
North Walsham, United Kingdom
“Great night”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

thoroughly nice well cooked meal, steaks cooked exactly to order, friendly staff and sizzling pud is very much recommend. A better wine list would be appreciated

• Visited March 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

what a fabulous meal we had at the smokey grill house,which led us to return again and again,we are now on our 5th visit,run by a lovely family fantastic atmosphere,fantastic food and really good prices,very highly recommended especially as when we go we have with us one of the fussiest people I know to feed,but he loves going there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sharon T
“A bit of a Micky Mouse operation.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Went in for a birthday meal about 20 of us, a lot to cater for and food did come out reasonably together. I had mixed grill which were very nice. Anyone who had burgers complained they were like eating Frozen ones from Iceland, I tried a bit, horrible. Value for money is there but attitude of staff and the atmosphere needs to change. It literally feels like a daytime cafe. Had to order drinks at a 'bar'. Barman told one girl 'next time try paying with something smaller as I don't have change' the other telling my wife to bring the tray back when she's finished. No smiles, not very good service, food average for most people. I wouldn't recommend or in recommend. If you want simple cheap food it's ok. Possibly not somewhere you'd go on a date. Needs better organisation, staff looked confused most of the time. Cheer up!!

• Visited February 2014