“avoid this b&b”
Review of Green Ridges

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Walsham
Green Ridges
Ranked #8 of 11 North Walsham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The owner doesn't seem to be cut out for running a b&b- not very professional and a little rude on our arrival!! The room needed a good face lift, a little dated. bottle of water was opened in our room! Also used budget coco pops and budget tomato ketchup which I was very upset about!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2010

I booked this B&B for my son after checking trip advisor. I emailed the owner and, when I didn't have a response, I phoned her. She said she never checks her emails! I checked dates and asked about the possibility of the evening meal mentioned on her website. She doesn't do evening meals any more because she doesn't have time. I booked anyway as it was close to where my son needed to be for his work experience.

Before we set off I phoned to say what time we would be arriving - no reply. I was a bit concerned so I phoned again later. I didn't want to drive for 2 1/2 hours and find nobody home. This time I got a reply and I said we would arrive at 8.30pm. When we got there the house looked very nice. We went to the door and found a note addressed to my son pinned to it. Then someone opened the door and we went in. We waited in the dining room for the owner who came after a couple of minutes. She asked my son to fill in a breakfast order and off she went. She came back a few minutes later to show us to his room. En route she started muttering about drains and smells and wet rooms. We didn't know what she was talking about, but very soon found out. The room she showed us to, which looked very nice, smelled terribly of drains. The bathroom was a "wet room" finished to a very high standard making it very suitable for a disabled person, but it wreaked of drains. She said the drains could be blocked but she had put some bleach down them, although I couldn't smell bleach only drains. She also said that because she had been out all day, she hadn't been able to air the room. She then said that the wind may have blowing in the wrong direction!!!!! I protested and said that my son could not possibly sleep in a room that smelt so badly. She said it was not her fault as she had been out all day and that the previous day had been her birthday! I said that she was running a business and that was no excuse. I asked if she had an alternative room and she said no. When I said my son could not stay there, she suddenly produced another set of keys and unlocked the room next door which also had a wet room but did not smell at all. We agreed that he should stay in the second room. But again she insisted that she had been out all day and the problems were not her fault!

The room was finished to a very high standard with fridge, TV, toaster etc., all as described on the website. I could not fault this room at all.

On the second morning, the owner produced a leaflet with names and addresses of other B&Bs in the area to both my son and a couple of elderly ladies who were also guests, and suggested that they might all like to find alternative accommodation as she did not like people who complained as it upset her!!!!! My son was due to return for the second week of his work experience the following Sunday but now clearly would not.

The two old ladies left, but my son insisted on staying until the end of the week as it was not possible for him to find alternative accommodation close to where he was working. He did not rest easy as he did not know what to expect next from the landlady but there were no further problems. His breakfast was good and arrived on time. The bed was made every day. But clearly the landlady has a problem and does not understand the rudiments of customer service. I fear her business will not last long when she does not check her emails, does not keep her website up to date and thinks it is acceptable to ask someone to sleep in a room where the drains are blocked and it stinks because she has been too busy to prepare it properly.

Book if you dare, you may be lucky but don't dare to complain or you may be asked to leave!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank dawnbracken
Reviewed 20 November 2007

To hear and feel the city of London come to life while enjoying a hot breakfast, steaming coffee, while looking out the main dining room window to see the snow fall was just serene, calming and beautiful.

Yearn for the day to go back - a lovely city, full of charming people.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 July 2007

Stayed at this lovely place in May with my family, and it was perfect. Very friendly people. Beautiful rooms with very comfy beds, and the breakfast was perfect. All this for very reasonable prices!

The guesthouse is very close to Cromer beach, the Norfolk Broads and Norwich.

I would definatley reccommend this place if you're planning a trip to north norfolk.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 August 2005

A three night stay at Green Ridges lived up to all that they claim on their web site
The hostess is a bubbly, friendly lady called Yvonne Mitchell who welcomes you as if she had known you all her life. We had a very nice ensuite room, with a very comfortable bed. Lovely breakfast and reasonable prices.
North Walsham is very well placed for visits to Norwich, Holt, Cromer, Sheringham, the Broads and Great Yarmounth.
Recommended also is a pub called the Railway Engineer in Coltishall, just a few miles away. Has got to be the best pub meal in the area. But, booking essential.

4  Thank graham38