“Just what is needed.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

confettib...
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Just what is needed.”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Spent a night at this fabulous campsite in May. All we needed for a lovely stay. Beautiful site with horses to visit. Funky loos and showers. Love the fact it's a working farm. Best of all very dog friendly.

Lorclarke
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect family holiday.”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I had the pleasure of spending 4 nights at Oak Lodge with my children and grandchildren in May. It was the perfect family get away. Beautiful countryside setting, lots of space to relax and for the kids to run around. The tents were beautifully furnished and decorated, with solar lights and luxurious bedding. The beds were very comfortable too.
The toilets and shower units were very spacious and beautifully decorated with Moroccan tiles and sinks. We noticed a someone cleaning them every couple of hours so they were always spotless.
There was a communal kitchen in a beautiful gypsy caravan, lots of options for cooking indoors and on bbq’s and open fires.
My grandchildren had lots of fun, running free on the camp site and loved getting up close to the pony, chickens and ducks.
Our hosts Nathan and Maeve went above and beyond to insure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Offering us lifts to the local town, and even ordering us a take away on our last evening.
I would definitely recommend Oak lodge Glamping and will most certainly be returning to visit there again.

Joe S
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in May 2018

What a fantastic place and such kind and lovely hosts! We had a relaxing stay in a beautiful vintage gypsy caravan which was a marvellous contrast to how we usually live.The facilities are top- quality and we had such a lovely time.Thank you Nathan, Maeve and all the crew for your thoughtfulness and great hospitality.

janebSidc...
sidcup
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed 6 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

11 of us stayed at the site for 2 nights in 5 tents. There were several issues. 14 tents when we were led to believe 7 in the field. Means not enough fridge, kitchen or shower/toilet facilities. We queued for showers and ran out of loo paper. No facilities in the tent to dry your hair, put make up on, sit comfortably. Why no mirror or chairs? Also the tent was crawling in ants. It’s the county I know but there are cobwebs all over and I don’t think they’re thoroughly cleaned. The bed was clean and very comfortable though.
Bit of an issue with maintenance-stinging nettles absolutely everywhere need to be kept very short as flip flops are a nightmare. Leaks in toilets, washing up area has leaks from all the taps, no cold water in the shower room to clean teeth...

Overall the setting is lovely but there’s absolutely no attention to detail. This site has the potential to be glamping but currently it’s camping. It’s more luxurious when I camp with all my own gear.

Management Response
11 Jul 2018
I am responding to this review as it is factually incorrect and is also being investigated by TripAdvisor.
The customer arrived on site hot bothered and demanding from the offset.. We bent over backward to appease them, there is no pleasing some people.. They have sought to tarnish all the excellent work we have done and is shown through consistent 5* reviews we have on every site we advertise on.
There is no site anywhere that advertises us as having only 7 pitches so this is a lie! We are 12 pitches and as I explained to the customer at the time the extra (not in use) tents that were up was due to a wedding the previous week..
Let s talk fridges the customer does not understand the word communal which is what was said in all correspondence, however when they were being rude stroppy and demanding we gave them there very own fridge in their own caravan for use (normally hired out at £150 per night) we also have a large catering Fridge big enough to stand 3 adults upright in + the 4 in the communal kitchen..
The toilet facilities guidelines are 1 shower and toilet per 25 pitches we are 3 large showers and 4 toilets for 12 pitches, there are no queues and the shower block it powered by a high tech £8000 system delivering consistent hot water.. With regards to the cold water I am sorry they were unable to realise how to turn the cold tap on, they should have asked us and we would have been happy to show them, though the 100's of other guest we have had have never had a problem.. The loos are cleaned every 2hrs all day and night, my cleaner is furious at this particular lie and I am too I know she is on it with the loos and this is just to embellish the bad review, I have handed TripAdvisor photographic evidence to prove this, also the nettles wow! there are no nettles on the site, it is constantly strimmed, it hasn't rained in 6 weeks either so there is very little left to strim. We keep the perimeter for wildlife this surrounds our 10 acre field and is part of our ethos on low impact eco friendly holidays.. There are no nettle on the site its self.. The customer never once mentioned needing a hairdryer.. No we do not have hairdryers in the tents, they are high powered and our solar charged batteries only power a lamp and are able to charge devices. Had the customer asked we would have directed them to the fully powered £150 caravan we had already given them for free to dry their hair.. I really think getting back to nature wasn't for them.
The tents are cleaned regularly and there are no cobwebs, Ants are down to the customer not leaving food laying about, this is the countryside and I cannot be accountable for the whereabouts of every ant!
Chairs do not fit in tents siting on the memory foam mattress is good enough for everyone, except perhaps lady muck! Mirrors on the floor of the tents is dangerous to children, there are 7mirrors in the toilet facilities.
The customer broke my bbq and snuck off site with out being honest enough to say, it cost £80 from the range if they feel the need to replace it, they stole the other glampers food out of the kitchen and took the communal kettle for themselves.. Clearly sharing is a big issue..
They shouted abuse at my children and also sent me rude texts... I am left angered by this review as they know full well a 100 5* reviews and everyone will go on the one bad one, so set they set out to tarnish our good name. My staff work hard and if any of the review was true I would change and learn from the advice... As I said TripAdvisor are investigating and I have backed it all up with evidence so show the maliciousness of this review .... We received 5* reviews from every other guest that weekend and as the customers who put this review were singing and laughing every night until late we did not even know they felt this way. Not once did they ask or mention anything other than the fridges.
debswreko...
“Magical....”
Reviewed 6 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I was lucky enough to hold my wedding celebrations within the beautiful setting of Oak Lodge. The wonderful Maeve and Nathan made myself and my guests feel incredibly welcome.
Everybody’s accommodation - whether it was a bell tent or a traditional gypsy caravan - was homely, comfortable and there was amazing attention paid to detail.
My husband and I were fortunate enough to stay in the absolutely stunning showman’s living van - it’s been lovingly restored by the Oak Lodge team and it was an honour to spend the first night of our married life in such a beautiful place.
Nathan and Maeve had created a magical setting for our day with two stunning event dome structures which had been lovingly decorated in line with our woodland theme.
Worth mentioning is the toilet and shower block where, yet again, the owners have demonstrated their talent for getting things “just right”. Beautiful Moroccan tiles adorn the spacious cubicles.
Both of our hosts went more than the extra mile to make our very special day absolutely unique and unforgettable.
Our dog also enjoyed the experience with plenty of space to explore.....and the odd rabbit to chase!

Abi H
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend away!”
Reviewed 13 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We went as a group of 12 girls for a hen do, and it couldn’t have been a more perfect location! The tents are beautifully decorated, spacious (each sleeping 6 people) and spaced far apart from other guests so you feel you have the whole beautiful site to yourself. The showers and toilets are incredibly clean and well kept with lovely tiles. There is a useful kitchen with fridges and a kettle, as well as all you need for a bbq and campfire. Emma was very helpful, responding quickly and providing everything we needed for a perfect weekend. We would love to come back and would recommend it to anyone planning a weekend away!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing