Knollside Lodge Sheringham
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Avril and Michael are very welcoming and make you feel at home straightaway. The rooms are very clean ,well proportioned and have all the amenities you might require on a short break including wifi.

The breakfasts are first rate to include fruit,seeds (unusual) and cereal and of course egg bacon sausage tomato mushroom and hash browns, no need to interrupt the day with lunch!

Lovely walk into town along the prom.The bedrooms are named after local NT properties Blickling,Felbrigg and Oxburgh which are all worth visiting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

my wife and I have just had another perfect weekend at Knollside Lodge.I have lost count of the
number of times we have stayed with Avril and Michael but the first time must have been around
six years ago.We visit at least once a year.The rooms are beautifully furnished and very comfortable with everything you could possibly need.There is a wide choice for breakfast to suit
everyone.Ever since our first visit we have been treated as friends and it really is like going to a second home.To us, Sherringham is a special place to stay but so also,is Knollside Lodge-they go hand in hand.Thank you Avril for another enjoyable break and we look forward to being with you again soon.Jackie and John

Room Tip: we have now stayed in all rooms and they are all excellent - no one is better than the other
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

As a senior contributor to this site; as with all my reviews I will give a balanced, accurate reflection of my stay. Stayed here for four nights in June 2013.
Situation & Admin. Knollside Lodge is located at the top of a relatively steep hill about 10 minutes walk from the centre of Sheringham, it has wonderful gardens and is in a quiet residential road. Check in was an effortless process, payment is expected up front on arrival if you have not stayed before. Cards are not accepted so make sure you have cash or a cheque book to hand if you’ve not stayed before. Parking for two vehicles, three if you squeeze but there are three rooms however, so invariably somebody will get left out, but there is adequate safe street parking nearby. WiFi available although the signal wasn’t very strong in certain parts of my room, speeds of 9M down and 3M up were achieved on a speed test. Strong 2G EDGE signal on Vodafone and strong 3G HSDPA signal on Orange/T-Mobile in the building.
Rooms. They are well decorated and well equipped TV, DVD and VHS Video along with extras such as hand creams etc. Only powdered milk on the hospitality tray but I expect the proprietor would have given you fresh milk if you had asked. Bed was comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. I had a large room overlooking the rear garden, lovely view and aspect. Rooms well ventilated too.
Food. Only breakfast is offered, good choice of cereal and cooked, the “vegetarian” option appeared to be the same as the full English but minus bacon and sausage! Only comment I would make is that it would be nice if vegetarian sausages were offered for vegetarians, otherwise no faults at all. Quality of food was excellent, it was fresh, well prepared and tasted good.
Summary. Great place to stay, very friendly chatty proprietor. Very clean and well equipped. Ideal for leisure breaks and for business travellers staying a few nights.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gnatfish1992
Avril Brenda D, Owner at Knollside Lodge Sheringham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I must thank you for putting a trip advisor note/tome on the site.
Both my husband and I take just over 5 minutes to walk into town. If we stroll along the promenade we would take 10 minutes.
With regard to payment being ‘upfront’ that has occurred over the past 5/6 years as people have gone without paying, of course once a person has been here once there is always an element of trust so payment on arrival is not needed. Unfortunately being a small business card machines are an expense that a lot of business in the North Norfolk area choose not to pay for.
I am very concerned about where you parked, obviously not in Knollside’s parking area. The width of the car park is 32’2” as the normal car park space is 8’ there is enough space for 4 abreast and still there is the hard standing by the side of the garage; 5 cars in a normal car park. We like our guests to have plenty of room so do say there are 3 car parking spaces abreast and one on the hard standing; 4 cars. No one wants to struggle to park when on holiday. It is our car park and within our grounds so no one else should park there, plenty of room for all guests and us.
Most fascinating reading regarding speed & strength of signal for wifi. Most guests who do comment say it is good. When I was asked by the computer engineer to check strength I went into every bedroom and ensuite and the signal was good. I will show him your observations and see what he has to say on the matter.
In the brochure it quite clearly states fresh milk will be provided on request I put a flask in the room and change daily. I will not have the small jiggers of milk as the chances of one being opened with out being spilt is pretty remote and I do not want milk spilt on the carpets. There are always quorn sausages and a selection of breakfast items includes vegetarian options also fish, yes, you may have a breakfast minus the meat but there is always other items that would facilitate a vegetarians need.
Once again I must thank you for your time in writing the comments and would look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Just arrived without booking yet welcomed into a beautiful room. Spotless with all amenities you'd ever need. Enjoyed breakfast in a top quality breakfast room. A peaceful spot and a welcoming host. Would recommend without hesitation.
Thank you Avril, you have a lovely home.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Our dining room is lovely and bright and a great room to converse with other guests or just talk to each other, the choice is yours.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

From the warm friendly greeting accompanied with a glass of sherry we were made to feel at home instantly. The room was full of homely charm, understated elegance and with great attention to detail. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had the added bonus of a sea view. We were won over already but the breakfast the following morning was the icing on the cake, lovely food, lots of choice and friendly service. We only spent 2 nights at Knollside but it left us wanting to return. Don't miss out on a bed and breakfast experience to remember.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very pleased you enjoyed you break at Knollside. We really do enjoy our guests and want to make there stay as pleasant as possible.