“Very Interesting Place”

The Mo, Sheringham Museum
Ranked #4 of 21 things to do in Sheringham
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent a good 1-1½ hours in the Museum. Worth visiting - very interesting museum with lots to see.

All reviews
"entrance charge"
"rain or shine"
"all ages"
in 9 reviews
"great views from the tower"
"an interesting place"
"lovely staff"
"little girl"

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My son and I enjoyed a visit to the Mo. Its a small but well set out museum. There are areas about local boat building, the RNLI, local people and shops. We enjoyed trying to solve the children's quiz and find all the red herrings.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

It was a very windy day and I had difficulty stand up so went into the Mo for a rest from it. The volunteers on the reception were very friendly and soon passed me on to Joyce who told me about the exhibits in the museum.
The museum is light and airy and has had a recent face lift due to all those nice people who play the lottery. the museum concentrates on the history of the three lifeboats on show but there are also upstairs more general things from a time gone by. my favourite was a large Virol jar. I remember having Virol as a kid and have never seen it since. I am not surprised that it was based on bone marrow as I come from a long line of family butchers.

On the top floor is an exhibition about the offshore wind farms and a very good view of the sea and its pounding waves.

1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you like boats, especially lifeboats, and fishermen's knitted jumpers (gansays), this is the place for you. If you're indifferent to the sea (which you probably aren't, because you're in Sheringham), then you'll find less to interest you - shops of yesteryear, which can be found in many museums. Two distinguishing features of The Mo are its observation tower and an exhibition about offshore wind farms (biased in favour because of sponsorship from the operator of the site visible from the town - don't take my word for the bias but go and judge for yourself!). There's an entry fee, by the way.