“Poor value”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mullarkey's
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Similar to others, popped in for a lunchtime snack, menu seemed OK, although not a lot on it. Only a small place so we were lucky to get a table.

We ordered sandwiches, I ordered prawn and that's exactly what I got, 2 sliced of pre sliced white bread with prawns and some crisps, no frill, no salad, no nothing, hardly inspiring. Can;t remember the exact price, but it was a lot for what we got. I accept that the location is close to the sea front and that will add to the price, but not to this extent. Other better places in Sheringham.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This cafe is about as close as can be to the seafront without being on the seafront. Unfortunately, there's no outdoor seating, but what could be a dark and cheerless space has been made pleasant by good use of mirrors and sea/beach-based photographs.

The service was fair and they supplied a highchair, which was helpful.

We ate sandwiches and soup and it was all decent without being particularly special.

They were doing a roaring trade in scones, teacakes and cakes while we were there, so if I went again I would go for the sweets too.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We popped in for elevenses. I had an first rate latte and my husband enjoyed the espresso. My husband, being a chocoholic, also ordered the homemade chocolate cake which proved to be truly homemade, crumbly, light, moist and very fresh. Certainly one of the better cafes in Sheringham.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Visited on bank holiday Monday, the fruit scones were delicious. Friendly Service, will visit again next time we are in the area. Would recommend.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

visited first time as I was tired after walking and spotted that here I could have a sit down. I ended up going in every day, service very friendly, food lovely, never felt hurried .