The Dales Country House Hotel
US$242
Maltings Hotel(Weybourne)
US$123
  • Bar/Lounge
Sandcliff Guest House(Cromer)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$231
Holway House(Sheringham)
TripAdvisor
Mount Lavinia(Sheringham)
Travelocity
All reviewsafternoon teasheringham parksuperior roomsconesnational trustcream teasunday lunchhotel groundsset menupatio doorsroast beeflovely settingdining roomfour poster beddirect accessthe north norfolk coastrelaxing weekend
Reviewed 21 June 2012

we have been twice now and everytime we have really enjoyed it,it perfect! great service and wonderful food! and staff is so friendly which makes it great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here over the Jubilee Bank Holiday. The hotel is situated in a nice rural location. However we were very disappointed with the overall quality of the room which turned out to be in the annexe,which was not explained on booking. The room itself is in need of updating-the bedside chairs were uncomfortable and the bed was uncomfortable and I had a terrible nights sleep during my first night there. The evening meal was disappointing-canapes consisted on a small spoon filled with mozzarella cheese and tomato-very unimaginative! The main course,I chose lamb,was very fatty and the vegetables didn't taste fresh.The cheese platter was also a let down.The cheese was tasteless and with dull presentation.However on a positive note,the cooked breakfasts were excellent and the staff were very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Annexe room is opposite the hotel's kitchen and backs onto the car park.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank texasgirlkent
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I, my wife and 26 year old daughter stayed at the hotel and had initially booked in for a two night stay on 25 and 26 May. The weather was stunning and we were looking forwards to coastside walks and going seal watching off of Blakeney Point which we did. That was fantastic.

I do feel that your impression of what you might be about to encounter can be skewed, and dramatically so, by an hotels website. But that having said, I have to say that the decor generally is disappointing and although I wouldn't expect you tobe familiar with the inside of my nana's house, that is exactly what it is like, very twee and eclectic in not necessarily a very pleasing way. Mismatched and inconsequential pictures matched by obscure pieces of Objet D'art. If you imagine the average age to be late middle to old, then you won't be disappointed.

Nonetheless, we had booked in for two nights and therefore found ourselves "wanting" to enjoy the hotel. When we got to our rooms, and being an avid golf fan, I tried the TV to watch the PGA event at Wentworth. There was no signal on any of the channels which I reported to the management who asked whether I would like to change televisions over, seemingly oblivious to the fact that a faulty signal would affect all of them. I responded thus and just asked that they please ensure that all was good for the following day, the Saturday.

I have to say that the meal and wine that evening, along with the service was excellent and we duly rewarded it with tips of £30 in total. When I awoke the next morning still there was no life emanating from the TV which meant that my customary ablutions to the sound of Radio 4's Today programme was missed, disconcerting in itself but also that they had no altenative radio facility in the room I had. I reported the fact again to reception who advised they would go and play with the aerial to see what difference it made. I voiced my disquiet and asked that the facility be restored for later that day. I was informed it would be.

The Saturday was again wonderful and, at about three o'clock we returned to the hotel, my wife and daughter to sit in the garden with tea and sandwiches and me, who doesn't tolerate the roasting temperatures that were on offer, to watch the golf. I guess you can imagine what comes next. Again no TV facility anywhere in the hotel which, when I went to report again to the same girl as on previous occasions, was met with a "why do you want to stay in on such a beautiful day?" Hmmmmmm!

I responded that that was a matter for me and was joined now in the discussion with my wife who had come in from the garden. The girl who we were speaking to, I regret, had the audacity to raise her eyes to the sky at the response I gave. I reacted vocally and reminded her that, as they advertised the facility then that is what they ought to provide. She said that she would contact the hotel owner, who owned and had just recently bought another golfing hotel in North Norfolk, not far away. Shen returned and said that the owner had said I was welcome to go to the other hotel, where I could watch the TV in the bar and he would treat me to a couple of pints. I didn't respond favourably and, after discussing the situation with my wife and daughter, we decided we would rather move from The Dales to another hotel we had originally considered staying at in Norfolk.

I requested that the accounts were produced, the time was 3.30-3.45pm. When they were they contained the cost for two nights stay in both rooms which, when I brought to the attention of the person who had produced them was told that "they are created automatically like that by the computer each morning". I said that, under the circumstances, I didn't feel a two night charge was justified at which I was told that she would go and speak with another. Ultimately the account was adjusted, which I settled and we left for the other hotel where the stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mlsvhmmw4
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The food is outstanding and the staff are lovely nothing is too much trouble the owner should be very proud of his chef and staff as they make this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The effort that goes in to making your stay nice here must be huge but seems effortless. Attention to detail great, food great, service perfectly pitched, rooms beautiful, grounds lovely. Would stay again in a flash :-)

• Stayed: March 2012