“"average" food at not so average prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster

The Lobster
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
GENT
“"average" food at not so average prices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We had two linguini with crab and chili, and two ales for 33 pound.
The linguini were overcooked, and unfortunately I forgot my looking glass to find the crab.
The "chef" had the bright idea to sprinkle this dish with balsamico vinegar, probably his idea of fusion kitchen.
Fortunately I afterwards had a fabulous dressed crab from the stall around the corner at 4,5 pound. Ultrafresh, and at least 50 times the amount of crab.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Dvga

Manchester, United Kingdom
“It's a shame you can't submit less than a 1 star!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Upon entering you would think you could expect warm smiles, good food and drink and a friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case!
We spent about 20 minutes waiting to get served at the bar and it wasn't even busy. When the barmaid finally did come over we ordered a couple of drinks and some food and sat out in the garden. it took a good 35-45 minutes before we received anything and when we did, the bread and cheese was slightly moldy!
I immediately went back to the bar to complain and show her my food and told me that "that's how it's supposed to look"! I told her I wasn't happy with the service or the quality of the meal and asked for a refund. she was reluctant to give it and we left immediately.
It was a horrible experience but we soon found a nicer place to eat!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank SCohen950
Preston, United Kingdom
“The worst crab sandwiches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had 3 crab sandwiches here and they were the worst and poorest value sandwiches we had ever had. They ere overpriced on very thick stale bread. The service and staff were good and pleasant but would NEVER return.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“customer isn't right!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ordered from the specials board. When my meal came it was completely different to what was listed. I was told there was an error on the board - how can you get that wrong, isn't that meant to be something 'special' and with notable ingredients that the staff should be aware of ???!!! My complaint and annoyance wasn't dealt with very well, it was reflected as my problem that they'd made an error. What I got instead was an altered version of the main menu alternative (crab salad) but even that was missing the listed potatoes!!! i had to make another request to the kitchen for these and no offer of a refund or money deducted for not supplying the described meal.

Not eating here again. Prefer to find a smaller establishment that puts the customer first. (Or never deviate from the regular bar menu*)

2 Thank julia d
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“The Lobster Rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Had a lovely meal out in the beer garden on a recent visit to Sheringham. It seems like a nice pub for a drink too.

The atmosphere outside was pleasant. The advantage for August evening dining is that it is fairly sheltered so you can sit outside. Other pubs in Sheringham would have got a bit too chilly for al fresco dining.

The menu was good- as we were by the sea, all four of us opted for seafood. We had crab/whitebait/calamari for starters and sea basses/mussels for mains. All the starters were spot on- calamari can be hit and miss, but it was cooked perfectly here at The Lobster.

Our mains were also great. I had sea bass which was perfect for a summer's evening. My Mrs had mussels and she was impressed with the amount of bread that came with them- some places give you a modest portion of bread, but there was a good amount here.

The drinks were good and service at the bar was very friendly. The prices here were reasonable considering the quality of the food.