“Cold chips”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Went hear for a quick dinner with my daughter. When good was delivered half the chips on each plate were stone cold !! Told the staff; they weren't that apologetic. Would never go back

Reviewed 28 August 2014

It's expensive and not that good. The pub has plenty of character with the different areas and a decent beer garden but sadly not as good as we'd hoped. We won't be going back soon. Sorry

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had two linguini with crab and chili, and two ales for 33 pound.
The linguini were overcooked, and unfortunately I forgot my looking glass to find the crab.
The "chef" had the bright idea to sprinkle this dish with balsamico vinegar, probably his idea of fusion kitchen.
Fortunately I afterwards had a fabulous dressed crab from the stall around the corner at 4,5 pound. Ultrafresh, and at least 50 times the amount of crab.

1  Thank Dvga
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Upon entering you would think you could expect warm smiles, good food and drink and a friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case!
We spent about 20 minutes waiting to get served at the bar and it wasn't even busy. When the barmaid finally did come over we ordered a couple of drinks and some food and sat out in the garden. it took a good 35-45 minutes before we received anything and when we did, the bread and cheese was slightly moldy!
I immediately went back to the bar to complain and show her my food and told me that "that's how it's supposed to look"! I told her I wasn't happy with the service or the quality of the meal and asked for a refund. she was reluctant to give it and we left immediately.
It was a horrible experience but we soon found a nicer place to eat!

2  Thank SCohen950
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had 3 crab sandwiches here and they were the worst and poorest value sandwiches we had ever had. They ere overpriced on very thick stale bread. The service and staff were good and pleasant but would NEVER return.