“Cold chips”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Went hear for a quick dinner with my daughter. When good was delivered half the chips on each plate were stone cold !! Told the staff; they weren't that apologetic. Would never go back

Reviewed 28 August 2014

It's expensive and not that good. The pub has plenty of character with the different areas and a decent beer garden but sadly not as good as we'd hoped. We won't be going back soon. Sorry

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Upon entering you would think you could expect warm smiles, good food and drink and a friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case!
We spent about 20 minutes waiting to get served at the bar and it wasn't even busy. When the barmaid finally did come over we ordered a couple of drinks and some food and sat out in the garden. it took a good 35-45 minutes before we received anything and when we did, the bread and cheese was slightly moldy!
I immediately went back to the bar to complain and show her my food and told me that "that's how it's supposed to look"! I told her I wasn't happy with the service or the quality of the meal and asked for a refund. she was reluctant to give it and we left immediately.
It was a horrible experience but we soon found a nicer place to eat!

Date of visit: July 2014
2  Thank SCohen950
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had 3 crab sandwiches here and they were the worst and poorest value sandwiches we had ever had. They ere overpriced on very thick stale bread. The service and staff were good and pleasant but would NEVER return.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ordered from the specials board. When my meal came it was completely different to what was listed. I was told there was an error on the board - how can you get that wrong, isn't that meant to be something 'special' and with notable ingredients that the staff should be aware of ???!!! My complaint and annoyance wasn't dealt with very well, it was reflected as my problem that they'd made an error. What I got instead was an altered version of the main menu alternative (crab salad) but even that was missing the listed potatoes!!! i had to make another request to the kitchen for these and no offer of a refund or money deducted for not supplying the described meal.

Not eating here again. Prefer to find a smaller establishment that puts the customer first. (Or never deviate from the regular bar menu*)

2  Thank julia d