“be ready to be fulfilled”

Crofters Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have visited this restaurant several times and it never fails to please. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was, as usual, excellent and full of flavour.

1  Thank Ruth S

Reviewed 4 May 2014

on May 2nd we went to Crofters for a birthday treat as my wife trained with the chef /owner Terry so we know a good meal was a sure bet. The welcome from staff was very warm with a table big enough for four people to dine,the menu was varied and the meal was accompanied by the best sauces we have tasted.The restaurant it'self is very relaxing and overall very good value and well worth a visit ...Thank you Terry and staff see you again soon

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were pretty surprised to find a German / Austrian restaurant in Sheringham, but as I'd lived in Germany for several years, it seemed worth trying. Our waitress was friendly and welcoming and the menu appealed with a range of traditional dishes. We drank Erdinger - a real German wheat bear in bottles (the wine list was insufficiently described to trust buying any).

I had Jaegerschnitzel (veal escalope with a rich mushroom sauce), my partner had a carpet-bag (a cut of beef with a pocket of cheese melted within it). Our dishes were tasty enough, more homely than restauranty, and the sauerkraut was burned (!) But after moderate main courses, the desserts were so incredibly sweet that we had to leave the majority. I left the restaurant feeling rather assaulted by a sugar rush.

A nice try overall and I understand that the restaurant is well established, but it could be so much better.

2  Thank Londoner26
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I have visited this several times over the years it has been open , in evenings we need to share a main meal as there is so much, but our favourite is sunday lunch being vegetarians we are well catered for as well as a main course there is always a good selection of vegetables which are always well cooked the kichen is small but what comes out is exceptional.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited Sheringham for an Easter Monday treat without booking anything. We only popped into Crofters on the off-chance for a spot of lunch, thinking we'd just have something light. However, the menu was so enticing we had more........... my husband had the home-made steak pie with veggies and I had the crab and cheese bake. Both were mouth-wateringly good. We've been going to Sheringham on and off for many year, but this was our first visit to Crofters and won't be our last. The staff are lovely and the prices are good value. Well done.