“Good find”

Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Swaffham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Lovely little place in the centre of Swaffham but no Roast Lunches left when we turned up at just before 2pm. It was quite busy so could take it either that they had sold out because it was so good and had been very busy or had not made enough to cater - we will never know! Having to choose something else (from the board inside as that was the only lunch menu), I had a steak and onion ciabatta and my husband had a homemade cheeseburger with a portion of chips between us. Prices were not cheap but food quality was good and it was very well presented. We also had a Viennese whirl type biscuit afterwards and that in particular was amazing. It just melted in your mouth!

Very good on a fine day for dog owners as outside seating. Would definitely visit again. They have a separate evening menu.

1  Thank Tess F

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were just driving through Swaffham when we decided to have something to eat. We parked in the centre of town and decided to eat in the Market Cross because it was near where we parked. Luckily for us! I had the Linguine which was as good as I had in Venice - and that was superb, fresh pasta, lots of it and plenty of fish. My wife had the scampi and chips with no complaints, but my son who choose steak and chips was really impressed and impressing a 16 year old is not easy. I would really recommend this restaurant for the food, the staff who were very pleasant and the comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank BonnieandClyde86
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went for lunch today, had sandwiches which were fine, nothing special. Service was okay but waitress a little frosty, not much of a sense of humour. Probably would not return.

1  Thank marisek19
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went here for soup on a cold December day, not great, the atmosphere wasn't very nice or welcoming and the service was unfriendly and slow, the soup of the day was awful, a tin of tomato soup at home would have been much nicer! I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank susantc2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Visited here in the first summer this restaurant was open so as we were in Norfolk we thought we'd make another visit. The decor is lovely with a nice outside seating area. The cream tea is delicious, mouth watering scones with lovely clotted cream and jam. A lovely place to go for a snack, lunch, evening meal or just a coffee or tea. The owner is very nice friendly lady. We'll try not to leave it another five years before we return.