“Nice food. Slow service”

Wymondham's Station Bistro
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Wymondham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
East Anglia
“Nice food. Slow service”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Visited one lunch time. Friendly service. Nice food. Just let down by the slow service. Had to wait 45 minutes for our meal to arrive.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hattiee

Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times recently. The staff are always friendly and the food very good value for money. I have had very nice cake, excellent sandwiches and the Full English breakfast is truly superb. I would have no hesitation in recommending for this sort of Fayre. I cannot comment on their evening meals etc as I have not sampled this. Just one very small criticism is that more than once the staff have been having what I would consider 'private' conversations with each other or on the phone for the customer to hear, nothing in the slightest outrageous... Just Not appropriate in my opinion.

Visited March 2014
england
“Food was very good”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our first visit to the Station Bistro, called in with friends after our country side walk, we were greeted with a friendly smile from a member of the staff, the food was very good, hot, and didn't have to wait long after our order was taken, there is a specials board as well as the menu all at very reasonable prices.
Would recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Norwich
“Lunch at station”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nice day out, brought back old memories of the steam days, nice and clean and staff very pleasant. Not posh food or presentation but still very tasty, good coffee also.

• Visited October 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“My brief encounter”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

On Wednesday 26th February I came to Wymondham on the bus and headed straight away to the railway station. I found the solitary table that wasn't reserved in the area set out like a first class railway carriage. The former piano showroom had been completely renovated. I at first chose a diet coke but when I ordered the all day breakfast (always a favourite) I was told I could have tea with the breakfast at no extra cost so I opted for that. I waited roughly 5 minutes for the pot of tea and a further 10 for the food. I found no fault at all with the food except the sausage, parts of the skin were slightly tough. Afterwards I had a dessert (bread and butter pudding with custard), again I found no fault with it. The tea was lovely too. The only down points were the modern music that was playing and there could have been more memorabilia in the room I ate in, but it was nice to see the photos of Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson from the movie Brief Encounter.