“Fantastic wee place in the middle of a quite town”

The Lemon Tree Cafe Bar
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Wymondham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Family business commited to providing great food , friendly service and a lovely atmosphere.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We like this place so much we tend to got there most weeks. Usually a snack about 11am coffee and toast. Food is always great the fresh soup is amazing. Its a small little place but they can squeeze in quite a number of customers ( sometimes it can be a bit hectic ) the one big change since I last review was the addition of inhouse wifi ( ask for password ) with think walls 3G won't work so its great to have the wifi. One of the few places in this quite town that has that on offer.

There are newer reviews for The Lemon Tree Cafe Bar

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Lemon Tree always appears to be busy, apparently with good reason. It's a gorgeous little building, with a simple but pleasant menu, delivered in a timely, friendly fashion. Breakfast was generous and uncomplicated, service friendly and efficient, and the coffee was fine.

I'm glad mine was a summer visit as I wouldn't fancy battling through the backyard to the outside toilet in less sunny times, but it was clean and adequately stocked. Overall, wholesome and recommended.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We sat outside on a very hot day as inside seemed really too hot, and had a simply served wrap and a jacket potato which was oddly served in a bowl, which made for eating difficulties until we had the absolute brainwave of tipping it out onto the plate. Service was efficient and pleasantly done. I'd say that if you want simple food then the Lemon Tree would most likely be a good choice. It was certainly the busiest place we saw on a quick walk up and down the High St looking for somewhere to have lunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

If you want good food, cooked to order then this is your place. Smiley, attentive young staff make this cafe/restaurant a pleasure to eat in. As the food is cooked to order it may take a little longer - but well worth the wait. Lovely atmosphere. The orange and chocolate scones are mmmmmm!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I felt obliged to write a review on The Lemon Tree as since eating there on Saturday I keep thinking about it.

I am a fussy so and so regarding cooked breakfasts and in particular the sausage/s that form part of one. The Lemon Tree is the only place I have visited (and I have been to a lot over the years) that serves a quality sausage as part of its breakfast. Everything though, was perfect. The butter (for the toast) was soft, the tomato was cooked nicely (was not hard/under done). Same for the fresh button mushrooms. In addition there were two slices of sautéed potato, an egg, two rashes of rindless bacon (a little salty for my taste) and beans in a ramekin. I hate beans and the sauce getting over everything else so I liked that a lot. This was one of only two faultless breakfasts I have had away from home. Polite, crisp service from young, well presented staff capped it. Lovely building both inside and out. Now I have discovered it my wife and I will be visiting more often. I hope it is consistent which I think is important. If I were the owner/s I would change the breakfast description from "sausage" to "2 Sausages" and would include the fried potato. Don't undersell yourselves!

2  Thank Clareb29