“Best Place in Wymondham for Food!”
Review of Gallacher's Cafe - CLOSED

Gallacher's Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best Place in Wymondham for Food!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visited Gallacher’s with my friend after being recommended by a few different people to try the homemade burgers and I am very glad that I did as their food was out of this world!

It was relatively busy when we went for lunch but even though they were busy we got our food in good time and the drinks arrived quite quickly. We had ice cold glass cokes with ice and lemon. My friend had some poached eggs on toasted ciabatta with bacon and mushrooms for lunch and the eggs were spot on. Perfectly cooked poached eggs - when she cut into them they were beautifully runny to dip everything in. They looked so good I had to try a bit. I had one of their freshly prepared beef burgers with extra cheese.

The burger was delicious and fresh and it came with some real coleslaw (homemade and with good branded mayo), homemade chips and a fresh salad on the side and it was a total treat! Next time I think I will try the hot shot burger as another customer had one and it smelled fabulous when it was being cooked. We were too full for dessert so we had some coffee for afters instead and they serve freshly ground Illy Coffee! The cappuccinos even had little hearts on the top in the foam.

The prices are great value for money and I left feeling very happy with the yummy food and great service from the ladies working there. We will definitely be back again as this is the best place by far in Wymondham for food and the best burger I have ever had!

I think they are open evenings at the weekend so I will be popping in with my other half to try the fillet steak with a glass of wine. I would definitely recommend otherwise you would be missing out!

• Visited October 2013

norwich
“A hidden gem and a must try”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I had seen Gallaghers in the EDP food guide and meant to try a while back. Well it was superb from the moment we entered. The service was so friendly and the two ladies working were brilliant. It was a Saturday and pretty quiet for lunchtime (get some flyers in town gallaghers!!). I had carrot and coriander soup which was delightful. I really like it when you can see the chef cooking and you could see him preparing our lunch. Food was excellent and will be back very soon. I am quite fussy about tables close together like most other cages in wymondham but this one is spacious.
My son has a burger which was very tasty!

norfolk
“Little gem!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Visited this little gem on a Friday lunchtime. Had a lovely meal with my daughter. Super food and such good value. Will definitely be going again. Give this café a go.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“little wonder found in EDP food guide”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

PIcked up the EDP food guide and was tempted to visit because of the pictures and how they use locally sourced food. me and my wife decided to visit before our weekly shop at waitrose. WHAT A FIND!!!! lovely meal from start to finish, we tried a burger each and you can tell how fresh it was, excellent meat used in these burgers! and so reasonable. excellent service. very clean. and i shall be back !

• Visited August 2013
“Flawless!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Gallacher's gave us a warm welcome - it was clean, inviting, and accommodating. The service was quick and friendly, there was plenty of choice, and the coffee and icecream was delicious. This was a particularly welcome oasis in Wymondham, where everything else seems to close at four thirty! Highly recommended - I will be back!

• Visited August 2013