“Mixed”
Review of White Hart Inn

White Hart Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Blythburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I live locally and want a good local with good food. Overall that's what the 'Hart provides. The new management have come with a good reputation. The food is good but the prices are now on the high side. Presentation can be more style over function (wooden slabs and small baskets).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just ate here today and I was very pleased with the service and the food. Very generous portions and minimal waiti. The staff are very friendly and it was a relief to be able to eat without someone coming up to you mid way through your meal asking if everything is ok. Will defo be back there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

What has happened in such a short time. Last year I gave this pub a very good review because of the good food and good service. I have not been for a few months and I have been two time in the last few weeks. I gave it a second go in case it was a bad night but no it appears that it has gone down hill rapidly.
No more friendly staff just two people who did not seem to care. We were told that they had run out of heating oil and that the place was cold so we would be better in the bar and not the dining room. We were handed some food stained menus which with low lighting was next to impossible to read. There were very few ‘specials’ and the main coursed were just café type, fish and chips, sausage and mash, burger etc. we had goats cheese salad starters and played hunt the cheese. We were ignored throughout the evening and had to go up to the bar to ask for anything we wanted and when I got home I saw that I had been charged for a drink we did not have.
Both visits were Friday night and the place was virtually empty, it seems that others have got the message before me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is an excellent inn on the A12, with a car park overlooking the Blyth estuary. From there you can walk down to an excellent hide with good views of waders and others. The food is good pub grub with a few more adventurous items on the menu. I have not seen the accomodation, but it is relatively recent. A good selection of Adnams ales and wines are always available. While there, why not buy a pin badge of one of the birds that you have seen in support of the RSPB. The Minsmere reserve is a short car ride away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We ate dinner here on the Saturday before Christmas. The menu was good and the food well prepared and tasty and the beer fab of course. The sticky toffee pudding was the best I've had all winter - and I've sampled a few! The log fire was blazing and there was even a chap singing Christmas tunes. I think it must have been the wild weather keeping people away as it was quiet. Look forward to going back in the summer and enjoying the food and the unparalleled views of the estuary.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

On a holiday over the Christmas break,we booked into the White hart at Blythburgh for our Christmas lunch,and were not disappointed,we were made to feel very welcome by the staff,and the lunch itself was very good with very ample portions,we would like to hopefully return again in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Very disappointing for a Sunday family Christmas lunch, food very poor, we had hoped for an improvement since our last visit but sadly not. A few years ago the food was excellent, bring a chef it was all very sad virtually no Christmas decorations either so no atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blythburgh
Randolph Hotel
#1 of 1 in Yoxford
The Swan
The Swan
#3 of 4 in Southwold

Been to White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!