Having had a bit of bad experience last rime around, we decided to give this old favourite another go and were very glad that we did.
Despite the fact that they were very busy, service was efficient and attentive, (as well as friendly).
We both really enjoyed a delicious smoked mackrel salad starter and for mains I had a really wonderful pork loin with pears,celeriac and toasted pine nuts, while my wife enjoyed her seafood pasta.
I'm glad to say that this place is back on our regular haunts list!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Book Direct Rooms and Cancelon so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk