We had relatives staying with us following a family wedding and decided there was no better restaurant to take them to than here. The staff are so friendly and will go out of their way to ensure you have a great meal. As a party of eight we sat in the window seating area therefore our guests felt very special. The food was great and was well presented as usual. The waitresses were very attentive and the evening was very enjoyable. The restaurant was busy which was nice to see and I would highly recommend this restaurant , maybe we should stay here soon and try the breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Book Direct Rooms and Cancelon so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk