Me and my partner had reason to stay locally due to undertaking some business in the area.
The George is located in a pretty village and it's little wonder it is popular because of the top quality food served up here. The owners and staff all have their finger firmly on the pulse when it comes to customer service and were extremely accommodating and friendly.
The building dates back to 16th century so a few creaky floorboards and head bruising alcoves to negotiate when staying here but that all adds to the charm of the place. Good parking, continual hot water, modern decor that sits well in it's older surroundings and a bar area that doesn't limit you to your bedroom is staying here.
Check this out - Real filter coffee in the rooms, that's a first and possibly a last so no skimping like you find at many other B&B's.
Would highly recommend The George and have it in my locker for when we return to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk