Four of us stayed at The George on 29th March and it was just fabulous. When we arrived the restaurant was really busy, they were catering for an anniversary, but despite that we received a really warm welcome. The staff are really nice.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious, as was the wine. The breakfast was lovely. Would definitely recommend this place, both to stay and eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk