Friday 10th August
We have been to stay at the George 2 times before and initially chose it as it was in the Johansson guide for good food. We stayed in the Cavendish room, a lovely characterful room, with sloping floors, over looking the street. A little bit faded glory but clean and comfortable. The meal was lovely with an excellent choice, Friday is fish night therefore that was the key focus. The service and atmosphere was excellent with a very relaxed feel. The breakfast was equally good, full English but also cereals if prefered. The draw for us is an excellent restaurant with rooms and gave the perfect venue for a romantic engagement!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk