“Much Better”
Review of The Five Bells

The Five Bells
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Cavendish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lovely country pub over looking the beautiful green in Cavendish. Family friendly as well as dog friendly. Our menu is seasonal and will change throughout the year. we have a beautiful garden with benches available for seating within summer or as you wish, our draught Bitters change on a monthly basis, events and themed food nights are always ongoing and vary from month to month, live music and themed celebratory nights and lunches available. We also cater for big events such as weddings, funerals, birthday celebrations etc any occasion in mind please do contact us and speak to one of our team members! Stable conversion into lovely modern double rooms all with en-suit and a television.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the second time we have eaten here. After our first experience was not good we decided to return. It was great ! a lovely home cooked sunday roast, thank you. Lets hope the standard remains good now that the managers have left.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 28 June 2014

my family and i booked lunch at this restaurant, and what a lovely meal we had, bearing in mind there were ten of us for fathers day, it was delightful and all the meals at the same time which was so nice to see as we had four children with us, the roasts were spot on, just like a home cooked dinner. well done to everyone, it was a relaxing experience for us mums, bearing in mind it was fathers day, thank you very much..
definitely going again.tomorrow in fact..
ms v church.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stopped here for a Saturday Lunch, staff where very polite and helpful. We ordered steak and didn’t have to wait long. The meals were nicely cooked and really tasty. The prices were also reasonable.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I decided to take a drive to enjoy the summers evening . We got to the green at Cavendish and the Five Bells stood majestically and welcoming tempting us in.

The beer was good and the food excellent . Having read the last review I think they must have been to a different Five Bells! And it was honest food none of this gastro none sense. The staff were friendly and welcoming. We will definitely go back and we wish then the best of luck.

Regards the couple from Bardfield saling

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My partner and I walked from Glemsford for Sunday lunch here. Bar staff very friendly but that is were the good experience ended. We chose one beef and one lamb and when they turned up both looked exactly the same. Meat was rather grey looking and tasted of nothing. One sad little Yorkshire and roast potatoes, a generous bowl of vegetables but again tasted of nothing. Pud - I chose the waffle with ice cream. I think the waffle may have been microwaved as by the time I got half way through it was solid. My partner had the chocolate mousse which was ok.

wont bother to go back.

1  Thank CeJos2014
Yerac44, Manager at The Five Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

We are sorry to hear you had a 'terrible' lunch. It is a shame that you did not inform us on the day when we could have tried to do something about it. We will take on board your comments and make sure that other customers do not have the same experience.