“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bulimba Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Felixstowe
Bulimba Guest House
Ranked #3 of 8 Felixstowe B&B and Inns
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Made to feel really welcome and at home, nothing was too much trouble by the owners, rooms and common areas always spotlessly clean, would reccomend to all either singles or families.
Rooms well decorated everything was really good, great hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms good.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked Bulimba on line, not sure what to expect.
Let me tell you, very good accomodation, very clean and well maintained. Room had flat screen TV but poor reception. Owner called out aerial engineer and fixed!, Plenty of tea coffee, etc. Although our room was not en-suite, the adjacent shower room was spacious and well equipt.
Could'nt fault the breakfast freshly cooked to how you like it. Owners larger than life and very friendly
100 yards from promenade..
If we return to Felixstoew...would'nt hesitate to re-book.
PS great value for money at around £50

Room Tip: Has both en-suite and room only options. All rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jon5653
Bodmin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at this very pleasant B and B for three days as we were attending a family wedding. We were greeted by the friendly owner who showed us to our room which was spotlessly clean and had an enormous bed - always good for us as my husband is very tall. The shower room was also spotlessly clean as is the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent - two of everything for my husband and a smaller one for me with plenty of tea and coffee and also plenty of tea and coffee in our room. A nice touch is that the breakfast room remains open all day so that guests can eat take-aways in comfort. The decor is fresh and clean but on a slightly negative note the artificial flower arrangements are a bit "tired" (the one in our room actually has tea/coffee stains). A couple more towels in our room would have been appreciated and possibly some toiletries/soap? All in all though a very pleasant stay and would recommend to anyone. Certainly excellent value for money and only two minutes from the sea-front.

Room Tip: If you want a big bed - room 3.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline C
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at Bulimba for one night due to having an early start for a job interview the following morning. I was greeted by a very friendly Tina, shown to the single room I had booked and was told where all the facilities were and that if I had any problems at all I should seek her out.

The room itself was well decorated in light colours and spotless. TV, tea/coffee-making facilities, own sink, and even a fan were all provided in the room, and the shower room and toilets on my floor were also spotless and well-provisioned. I did make use of the iron and ironing board and both were of excellent quality and worked perfectly.

I had concerns about the bed when I first tried lying on it as it felt a bit soft for my personal tastes, but I had one of the best nights sleep I've had outside my own home!

In the morning I went down to the dining area (open in the evening in case you want to bring takeaways back and sit in comfort too) and was greeted by Laine. He showed me where the cereals and other bits and bobs were located and then asked if I wanted to start with those or have the full english on offer as part of the price started. What a breakfast! Two sausages, two eggs, two slices of bacon, two slices of toast, a large helping of beans, two mushrooms, and two tomatoes! My only regret is that I couldn't finish it all!

Overall I definitely think this is the best B&B I have stayed in, and can't recommend it enough if you're in the Felixstowe area and need somewhere to stay. Oh, and not only is it great value but it's a 2 minute walk away from the beach too!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo