“Brilliant meal and great service”
Review of Blue Naan

Blue Naan
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blue Naan Indian Restaurant offers an Indian Fusion Dining experience. Our unique Menu offers Traditional Indian favourites along with Speciality Dishes. In addition our Fusion section combines our authentic Indian Cuisine with an oriental influence. Our recently refurbished modern restaurant is now under 'new management' and has undergone a complete refurbishment offering private boothed dining for those wanting a more intimate experience alongside spacious open seating creating a contemporary and stylish finish
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Had a family meal here this evening, staff were very friendly and attentive.The meals we had were delicious and there plenty of food.
Great value.
Thanks

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Martyn T

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I must say this restaurant has seriously gone done hill since Jonny sold up and left, the food is not anywhere near the standard it should be , far too many colourings in the food , no flavour and the staff could do with a lesson in customer service. Sorry to say but the Bombay nite is far better and value for money.

1  Thank 134NickK
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I’m afraid they lie about their opening hours. 10 is more accurate. Disappointing as used to enjoy this restaurant but there seems to have been a change in attitude if late, apparently the customer doesn’t come first.

1  Thank AndyW3005
Reviewed 11 July 2018

As many times before, we went to the Blue Naan on our recent overnight visit to Felixstowe. Eating there has always been a highlight for me and I hope this will continue.
The food is always delicious and very easy to digest.
However, on this occasion, we were stunned by a few things.
Firstly our waiter: He didn't look as if he actually wanted to be there, it seemed just a job to him if that, he wasn't really paying attention. We ordered drinks and 3 poppadoms with dips at first. The waiter wrote it all down. First the water arrived, then the tray with the dips then the beer. I had asked for water and lemon, but there was no lemon in sight, so I asked again and the waiter brought me some ... lime. Ok, so I assumed there was no lemon. Not a big issue. We chatted and after about 15 minutes or so we called our waiter over and asked if we could have our poppadoms to go with the dips please. He looked perplexed and asked how many we would like. We said 3 (again) and after about 5 further minutes he brought them out. Once we had finished, we sat for quite a while before he came back to clear the table. This, despite the other (much more active) waiter had spoken to him a few times, pointing at our table.
Now, I have to say at this stage that the restaurant was not very busy when we arrived at approx. 8.20. 2 tables were just receiving their meal and one was about to order with another party of 4 arriving just after us.
Once our table had been cleared, I could overhear the two waiters talk about our table again, as one was hurrying up our waiter. He however, took little notice and kept disappearing into a nearby side-room (near the toilets, but not the kitchen). I don't know what he was doing there but the other waiter went to get him out a few times. Eventually it was the other waiter who brought us our food and we felt a bit sorry for him as he seemed rushed off his feet, dealing with most other tables too, while ours seemed more keen on just bringing bills to tables...
The attentive waiter who brought our food also asked us if all was in order. I said that the rice on my plate was not the saffron rice mentioned on the menu. He immediately went to ask in the kitchen and came back to inform me that although it says saffron rice on the menu, the chef says they always serve it with pilau rice... hmm, I was disappointed by this. My Salmon Tikka was delicious and the pilau rice was ok, but I feel that saffron rice would have genuinely added to the flavours and would have made the dish special!
My concern is that our first waiter did not display the usual friendly, attentive attitude that we had experienced at the Blue Naan before. It was a shame because it would have been so easy for him to just put a smile on his face and pay the service a little bit more attention. Because it was him who came back to cash in, we did not leave a tip. Had it been the other waiter, we would gladly have tipped him.
I look forward to my next visit because I love the food served at this restaurant. I hope that we will be in the hands of another waiter though.

1  Thank MSinNorfolk
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Food was good and plenty of it, apart from the popadoms which had been cooked in stale oil. Decor and furniture now getting a bit tired. Toilets could do with a deep clean and as a bare minimum supplied with some toilet paper. None there on my visit.