All reviews breakfast was excellent cooked breakfast bed linen rob hosts ensuite seafront
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I travel a lot because of the nature of my job and as a rule I don't stay in the same hotel/guest house whenever I get to visit a place again. Life is all about not crossing the river twice, as it were. But for The Norfolk, it is always sweeter the second time, the third time, ad infinitum, around. I call The Norfolk my second home. Rob and Dee belong to that rare breed of hospitality providers who offer the warm heath of home far away from home. And my fave room is always impeccably prepared after a long day of work! I can't recommend this guest house enough. Here you are more than a guest. You are family.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
TheNorfolk, Owner at The Norfolk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

What a lovely review. Thank you so much for your heartfelt words which we truly appreciate.

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us, and enjoy reading about your globe-trotting adventures.

We look forward to seeing you again next month.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We have just returned from a delightful stay at the Norfolk Hotel with the lovely Rob and Dee who made our stay so special. It was a delight to meet them both and they were the perfect hosts - very friendly and accommodating to our needs. The room was very clean and we looked forward to Dee's "towel arrangements" when we returned to our room. The breakfast was excellent and a great choice to be had. We would efinitely recommend staying at the Norfolk Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanbuxton

Thank you so much for your kind words which are very much appreciated.

We offer a homely welcome and try to anticipate our guest's needs to make their stay in our guest house as comfortable as possible whilst away from home and glad you found this to be the case.

We look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I've stayed with Rob and Dee here for years and it's like a second home. Warm, friendly, clean and tidy. They take pride in what they do and how they present the Norfolk. From a business point of view I tend to stay in hotels rather than B&Bs but the Norfolk is my happy exception

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon B

Thank you for your warm and friendly words, a review like this makes all our efforts worth while.

We are so pleased you feel like you are in your second home when here, we try our best to give that extra feeling of homeliness and look forward each week to seeing you.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We just had our 4th stay with Rob and Dee at the Norfolk, and it feels like coming home. They are both so friendly, and make our stay so special. Dee even remembered the places we visited on our last trip! The breakfast is delicious. The rooms are super clean, and they have everything you could need. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VisitorfromMaryland

Thank you for your amazing review, it was lovely to see you both again, wonderful guests, and great to have you staying here while you celebrated your birthday with your family.

We look forward to seeing you both again sometime.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

We arrived at the guest house to be introduced to the owners, who gave us keys, and showed the room. There on the bed were the towels, twisted into the shape of swans - so cute. The tiny en-suite was well laid out, and perfectly adequate for a few days stay. The bed is comfy, although I'm not a huge fan of memory foam mattress toppers - they're always a bit warm for me. I did, however, like the duvet - felt like feathers! So cosy! Suffice it to say, I had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was good - I'd chosen the omelet, while my partner had the scrambled eggs. I preferred the scramble, so I chose that the next morning. On the final morning, I decided to go with elements of the full English breakfast, choosing the chipolata sausages with tomatoes and scrambled eggs. Absolutely delicious!

What makes the Norfolk Guest House stand out, in my opinion, are the little things. When delivering my tea on the first morning, I was asked if I preferred a stronger cup, because they could do me Assam the next day if required. I said yes, and when we returned from our walk down to Languard Fort, we found Assam tea bags in the bedroom. On the first morning, we'd put our toothbrushes in the bedside cups on the bathroom shelf, and upon returning to the guest house, we found that extra toothmugs had been thoughtfully provided. Upon request of fresh milk (which was offered when we arrived), for our tea and coffee facilities, a flask was left in our room with the required type of milk.

Now, the guest house has 3 cats, but unless you meet them, you wouldn't know - the place is spotlessly clean. Obviously the cats aren't allowed to go in the guest bedrooms, but even in the common areas, there is no evidence of cat hairs. My partner's allergies never once flared up.

Every day, upon our return to the guest house, we found that our room had been cleaned, and our towels twisted anew. Elephants the second day, and a Monkey and Dog the third day.

While there is no specific car park, there was plenty of on-road parking which became available in the evening.

Very lovely place to stay, and we'll definitely be stopping there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sian T
TheNorfolk, Owner at The Norfolk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review of our guest house. It is amazing to think just how much you noticed and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on letting our guests know that during their stay with us their needs are important to us and we will do all we reasonably can to ensure your stay is as relaxing as it can be.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Rob and Dee