“Out of this world for a pub b&b”

The White Horse Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haverhill
The White Horse Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Haverhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here 2 nights wonderfull landlord food to die for and I've eaten at Gordon Ramsey I couldn't get anywhere else so glad I found this place I would recommend this to anyone coming back to spend weekend with wife ASAP 5 stars people

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 26 June 2014

my husband and stayed here on Saturday the 21st June 2014 we had the best stay for years the Boss Man (Doug) looked after us from the second we walked in until we left on Monday morning
the food was lovely and breakfast was to die for!!!! Boss Man even drove us to a wedding party which so nice of him. we have booked to go back in August .looking forward to it
sue & Paul

Room Tip: lovely place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

For a basic room in a village pub this was well overpriced. Stayed on a Saturday. Car park quite full which is usually a good sign but unfortunately it wasn't the case this evening. After a young lady finally found our booking we were shown to a room which was clean. The towels were arranged as swans and there was welcoming biscuits and toiletries. Nice touch but still didn't warrant the price tag. There was no information book. No info on wifi code although when we got this info from the bar the reception was good. Table for evening meal was booked for 8.30. We seemed to get overlooked as manager was dealing with disgruntled customers who weren't happy with their food. When we finally got seated, there was a long wait before order was taken and when I asked for a wine list I was told there wasn't one. I was then asked if I wanted red or white and that she would go and find out what was available. I asked for prosecco. Young lady came back to say they didn't have prosecco but they did have champagne! Ordered food which arrived reasonably quickly. Food was average but the prices were slightly above what you would expect to pay in a pub. Retired to bed wondering what excitement awaited us at the 'Big Buffet Breakfast'.
Welcomed into the bar for breakfast by another young lady. Asked what we wanted to drink. One tea, one coffee ordered, two pots of luke warm tea arrived. Young lady changed these. Took food order. Food ok but baked beans lukewarm! Finished breakfast and left disappointed with what was meant to be a birthday treat for the wife.
Girls that served us during our stay we're friendly but need more training on what their place of work offers,meeting customers needs and ensuring what they deliver meets the standards expected. The management has to take responsibility for their failings!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mark c
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Not impressed. I checked in and the woman who checked me in barely said two words to me. She gave me no info about meal times, wifi etc and told me where my room was. Room was nice, cosy and quiet and the location is lovely and peaceful, but small things let it down. There was no information in the room about meals, check out times, visitors info, taxis etc. The usual things you would expect. Towels were really small and the carpet looked as though it could do with a good vacuum. Wifi was painfully slow which annoyed me as I was away on business.

The service at dinner was the most frustrating experience. The waitresses are young girls who don't appear to have any concept of time or the people they are serving. It took about 2.5 hours to get a soup and a burger. I had to get up and ask to place my order, get condiments for the table and ask to pay. I did not get offered a desert menu and not once was I asked if my meal was ok or if I would like something else.

The burger ended up looking like a mountain of food with onion rings, chips, the biggest bun ever and side salad on the tiniest plate. This may be great for some, but it put me off. It was just too much food and was all overcooked and tasteless.

Overall a lovely looking place but service and small things just not there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank T T
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Booked this Inn 2 months ahead! Arrived early, planning to lunch at the Inn before going to the wedding, to discover our booking had not been honoured, and we were forced to look elsewhere, 2 hours before the wedding! Would not recommend this place to anyone, quite shocked at our treatment! The Landlord couldn't even be bothered to help, a young girl was sent to placate us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pammieLondon
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I paid £80 B&B for a double room in the old stable next to the White Horse Inn. This is the most expensive B&B I have stayed at and disappointingly it did not show value for money. The room was small, hot and right next to an indusrtrial fan from the pub kitchen which meant an awful noise all through the night, not condusive to a good nights sleep. I ordered scrambled eggs for breakfast which came out over cooked and cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the farside and not close to the Kitchen, for example room 3
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AnnieM64
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Visited today August 26th Bank holiday Monday. First visit after seeing it was CAMRA's West Suffolk pub of the month. Went for lunch first impressions not very good as it felt like we were intruding no friendly greeeting from bar staff. We ordered our drinks and the lager was WARM!!!! We ordered sandwiches, ham on granary these came with salad, coleslaw and chips. The ham was tasteless, thick and rubbery. Not a pleasant lunch at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cocogirlEssex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Travelodge Haverhill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hundon
The Black Bull Balsham
The Black Bull Balsham
#1 of 2 in Balsham

Been to The White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!