“Slightly better than your average.”

Travelodge Haverhill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Slightly better than your average.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is a standard business hotel but is better than average.
It is not going to give you a romantic weekend but it will give you a good nights sleep & a decent breakfast in the morning.
The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, there is plenty of parking and reasonable wifi.
It's not the Ritz but it won't disappoint.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. Feedback from our guests allows us to gain knowledge that helps us improve the service we provide. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am staying in this hotel put by my employer, the hotel is located greatly in a small village called Haverhill which is a very nice place and it has all sorts of facilities to visit whether one is looking for a bit of shopping, to watch a movie, go to Gym or eat something nice.
The hotel itself is a mixture of good and bad

Good :
-Large free car park
-clean, spacious rooms
-close to the town (walking distance)
-Free Wi-Fi advertised as high speed (if only would work)
-Breakfast included (not that I ever had the chance to have some because I either start work too early or too late)

Bad :
-Beds are incredibly uncomfortable, rooms can be very hot in the summer days/nights and I find myself with back pain after staying a few nights in a row in this place after work
-recently they upgraded to high speed Broadband, which is advertised as Free, I MUST MENTION HERE THAT NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS FREE, ever since the change, the codes rarely work, when the staff behind the reception were confronted bout this matter they shrugged their shoulders saying that "if it doesn't work for you sir there is nothing we can do" which I think it's an appalling excuse, if I would come with such thing in my job when serving customers I'd have no job in the first place.
-lift is mostly not wrking than working, last thing I want to do after finishing work is to go up the stairs with heavy bags/luggage to my room ....... there is only one lift !!!!!!!

About the internet issues I complained repeatedly but it never came to anything, and I am not sure it will, I am actually using my mobile data tethering the laptop to it so I can have a browse.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Trev S, firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am pleased you found our facilities to be nice and clean. I was surprised to read you found our beds to be uncomfortable as we use top quality Hypnos beds. However, I have asked our Head Housekeeper to complete a full audit on all the beds within the hotel to see if any issues can be identified and then resolved. Since your stay with us we have identified that the internal access points for the wifi needed upgrading to be able to cope with the amount of traffic going through our new fibre optic leased line. This work has now been fully completed and we are pleased to be receiving very favourable comments from our current guests. Once again I thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback that we utilise to help us deliver the best service possible to all of our guests. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I have just stayed here for a week on business opening a new local pub/restaurant. I cannot thank the staff enough for being so lovely. My car was seriously vandalised in a local car park (nothing to do with the hotel), and being a young (relatively) female staying away on my own it wasn't the nicest feeling. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. A credit to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Clara583, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I have passed your fantastic comments about our friendly and helpful staff onto the team. We really appreciate your kind comments and are always happy to help. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a very comfortable stay at the Days Inn Hotel in Haverhill. The welcome was heartily and warm, stuff was friendly, the room clean and tidy with all needed things provided. In the morning we enjoyed the tasty breakfast. When you want to know what to expect from the hotel, just look at the following link – a wonderful and hilarious ad – you won’t be disappointed:

Thanks to Days Inn stuff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am very proud of our team so was really pleased to read your comments about how friendly they were. I am also really pleased you liked our puppet commercial. We had great fun producing it. Many Thanks Donna Revell General Manager.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I use Haverhill Days Inn for short visits to our families. It's great value, quiet location and comfortable. The rooms are spotless with a large comfy bed, and plenty of space to stretch out. Small bathroom but functional with large shower cubicle. Plenty of free car parking. We always have a warm welcome from the staff. Our latest visit over the weekend was to attend a family party actually in the hotel. Once again the staff were exceptional, extremely helpful and efficient always going the extra mile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest, thank you so much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am particuarly proud of the comments you made about the team. They are enouraged to, as you say, 'go the extra mile' and have a can do attitude. The team really enjoyed hosting the party and said the hog roast was amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Much better than the average, staff were very helpful throughout, clean and well kept. breakfast on sunday morning was a little overwhelmed, overall experience worthy of being recommended.
Very comfy and good sized bed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest, many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. It is always appreciated. We especially appreciated your comments about our helpful team. I am personally very proud of our team. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our group of relatives and friends stayed at the Days Inn at Haverhill for just the one night but found it a very pleasant surprise indeed. It is not an easy place to find being located off the main carriage way and embedded around an industrial park, but in that lies one of its main attractions.

The hotel is quiet and out of the way and if it is piece and quiet in a well run and friendly hotel then the Days Inn hits the mark. The staff on the front desk are very friendly and keen to help, the rooms are very spacious and at a rate of just £63 for a family size one must be rated as a bargain. The beds are springy and although the set pillows are rather on the small size, there are plenty of others available in your room. Don't expect much in the way of satellite TV stations as you only get the basic 5 channels or so, or indeed any biscuits to wake up to although there are generous portions of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

Breakfast was self service but perfectly fine. I can vouch for the chipolata sausages and Heinz (please note bean lovers!) baked beans, and there was an ample selection of cereals, juices, rolls and toast although I am told that the scrambled egg was nothing to write home about.

Overall a first class stay in a very good hotel and one that our group would revisit when next in the area

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryan570
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly. Our Director is one of those 'baked bean lovers' you refer to and insists we only use Heinz. Our sausages are sourced from a local butcher in Kedington. I am currently investigating why you only received 5 TV channels as all our T.V's have free view so you should of received alot more. Once again, many thanks for your feedback. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways
Bell Hotel
Bell Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clare
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge
Travelodge Cambridge Central Hotel

Been to Travelodge Haverhill Hotel? Share your experiences!