“First timer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leiston
Home from Home Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Leiston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My first time away on my own in many years and I needn't have worried at all. I was made very welcome, and had a fantastic 3 night stay, Lisa was so friendly and I had a lovely twin room. There was a good choice for breakfast, which was very well cooked - and hot. cereals and toast too. It really was a Home from Home. Very clean, comfortable, plenty of room for parking. Just a short walk from the shops. I met family nearby and enjoyed walks with them along the beach from Sizewell to Thorpness. I definitely hope to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Beryl H
Lisa S, Owner at Home from Home Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you Beryl, it was a pleasure having you stay and glad you choose me for your first holiday on your own, look forward to seeing you again soon
Lisa

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Lovely friendly B&B. Great value for money with a nice cooked breakfast to set you up for the day. Beautiful old Edwardian house which was very central for touring all the local attractions, such as Southwold and Aldeburgh which was great. Very good information pack on the local area put together by Lisa, which we used to help decide where to go everyday. Missed my dogs whilst I was away and Lisa let me meet hers which was a great tonic. Would definately recommend this place if you are thinking of staying in Suffolk. Had a lovely stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa S, Owner at Home from Home Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

The dogs will miss their doggy cuddles!! See you again soon

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Found Home from Home on the off chance, and so glad we did!
Have just returned from a fantastic 2 night stay at the Home from Home Guesthouse in Leiston.
we would highly recommend the Guesthouse to All. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable, with use of the downstairs living room.
Lisa was lovely, very knowledgable about the local area with places to eat, and places to visit and nothing was too much trouble. The Breakfast was both filling and delicious.
It really did feel like home.
We visit relatives in Suffolk each year, and we'll certainly be booking in again with Lisa at Home from Home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lisa S, Owner at Home from Home Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you stay. Hope to see you again soon.
Lisa

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Everything about this b&b is excellent, I'd definately recommend it to anyone. We were made to feel so welcome, the rooms are to a high standard and very comfortable. It was nice relaxing in the living room and we were made to feel as though we could treat it as our home. Breakfast was delicious, couldnt have asked for more.

• Stayed: June 2013
Lisa S, Owner at Home from Home Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much Sally, it was an absolute pleasure having you and your girlfriends here. I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 May 2013

A friend and I had a fantastic 2 night stay at the Home from Home Guesthouse in Leiston, Suffolk. The room was clean and comfortable, the house itself very nice and the breakfasts set you up for most of the day. Lisa was very helpful in recommending places to eat and with directions to our chosen destination and she was extremely friendly and made us feel at home. If we go back to that area which we will most likely do Home from Home will be our first choice to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Lisa S, Owner at Home from Home Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you it was an absolute pleasure having you stay. I hope to see you again

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Home from Home Guesthouse in Leiston. We were recommended by a friend and were not disappointed! The hostess Lisa was extremely helpful and friendly and I could not fault our stay. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, freshly made with fresh eggs straight from Lisa's hen house. Very cosy and quiet and a great romantic getaway. I would definitely recommend dining at Satis House if you are in the area.

One note: if you need taxi's at any point in your stay make sure you book 1 week or more in advance as they do not run a regular taxi service in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Olivia, was nice too meet you and glad Vickie recommended you. It was lovely having you here. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Home from home is exactly what it is clean friendly and homely I stayed there for a week whilst I was working I'd definitely recommend looking this place up and the breakfast is top notch and with reasonable prices all in all was very impressed.

• Stayed: April 2013

Been to Home from Home Guesthouse? Share your experiences!