“SHABBY!”

Cuisines: British
Northampton, United Kingdom
“SHABBY!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Refurbishment greatly in need here.Very worn tops of tables which had become stained in places and torn fabric on chairs.

Toilets grim too.Not good,especially considering this is an eating establishment!

Staff pleasant/breakfast well presented but glass which orange juice was served in was chipped---NOT GOOD!

Management must bring standards up in certain areas as the ratings will reflect my overall view.

• Visited March 2014

Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Ate hear on the way home from hospital. I had the 'wee fish and chips' and my husband had a burger. The fish was nice and well cooked but there wasn't enough tartar sauce and the peas were undercooked. I was also given thin chips when I asked for thick ones. Husband enjoyed his burger with everything on it. Was very large though. The toilets smelt and the interior was very cheap and nasty. Doesn't reflect the prices of the food

• Visited February 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Little chef....Little point”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

When I think about little chef, its a British institution, a nostalgic quality roadside food experience is what I thought in my mind, albeit its heyday may have passed but its probably still alright. Not this time.

On entering the little chef we were greeted and shown to a table, by a member of staff with no uniform- on looking around I noticed none of the serving staff had uniforms. The greeting was fine, but the place could really have done with a coat of paint and a new carpet.

I ordered the Olympic breakfast, what better meal to judge a little chef on.... Bacon average, sausage cheap, mushrooms-tinned, beans- obviously microwaved as the juice was watery rather than thick and not severed in any kind of bowl so just slid around plate, tomato-normal, potatoes-fine, egg-fine, toast-fine. Very disappointing considering price of £7.99.

Tea-pot heavily stained tea-spout-disappointing.

Dessert- deep fruit filled apple and raspberry pancake. With such bold statement i was expecting a high quality filling. In reality I've seen jam with bigger pieces of fruit in it. Tasteless and seriously overpriced at £3.99.

Toilets: various tiles missing off wall and rather cold.

Little chef could still have potential to be something once more, but until the new restaurant design and menu is rolled out to this location i'm giving it a miss.

• Visited January 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We didn't expect much or want much- what does one expect at a Little Chef? But the service was so unbelievably poor that even my children voiced protest!

After a very long wait the food, when it came, was delivered by a harassed and surly waitress in batches, ever cold and each dish completely different to what was actually ordered. Worse still they managed to "lose" my daughters order altogether so she had to eat from my plate- and after three requests left with her burger in a doggy bag. Pathetic. A shambles.

Visited May 2013
cambridge
“Disgusted!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Ok so firstly I didn't eat here. I was travelling with my son and daughter in law and we stopped off here so that they could eat in the Burger King which is attached to the Little Chef.
My daughter in law is eight months pregnant and waited for a member of staff at the Little Chef and asked if she could use the toilet and was told no she could not. I think that to treat a pregnant woman like this is disgraceful and the staff should be ashamed of themselves, possibly even putting mother and baby's health at risk due to the possibility of water infections!
I know many service station restaurants are used as stop off for the toilets but they were eating from the adjoining Burger King (which has no loo) and other restaurants ask for a donation to charity if you are not eating.
There is no excuse in this world to turn away a pregnant woman in this way and I am disgusted.

• Visited January 2014