“Wish I could put 0”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We came here from Soham expecting a good meal, as my partner had thouroghly enjoyed meals here before. We all ordered the Smokin Double Stack and were underwhelmed by a long margin. First we had to wait an hour from ordering to when our food arrived. What we were presented with must have been cooked for the entire hour we waited. Burger was over cooked, bacon was cold, onion rings were slimy. My girlfriends chips were cold, mine were scalding. The only thing that I would give any sort of rating was tge service by the waitresses, everything else was well below standard! Won't be back

2  Thank Leigh H

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A typical Hungry Horse pub with hearty portions and good service. The value for money is exceptional.

mgrhalfmoon, Manager at The Hungry Horse - Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thanks for your comments

Reviewed 2 March 2014

As there are new people running the pub we decided to give it a try. My wifes ribs cam out on a bread board the whole meal was stone cold my steak then came out the manager replaced my wifes meal after I had virtually finished mine. It then took another 20minutes after my wife had finished hers before the desert appeared which was not as stated on menu Candymania stated m and ms were in it but no. Overall it was disastrous. This pub has a reputation for being up and down with its service but we certainly will not be going back.

Hi,

I'm sorry to see that you have not been happy, I would love to hear from you with some detail so I can ensure the problems do not arise again.

We have a new menu as well to try and the ribs do not come on wooden boards any more.

If you would like to contact me my name is terry and phone number is 01638 515 413

Reviewed 12 February 2014

In the area visiting family.

Arrived on a Friday just after 2pm. Pub was reasonably busy. Had to wait 5 minutes in a queue at the till to place my order. I asked how long the food would be, the server checked the outstanding orders and told me 10 to 15 minutes.

After 25 minutes my Hunters Chicken with mash arrived. Mash was very poor quality. Was told that my wife's lasagne was on it's way. After another 5 minutes I asked where my wife's meal was to be told, sorry, that it had been dropped on the floor and another one was being cooked.
Another 10 minutes went by before the lasagne arrived. I had finished my meal by this stage. We were offered a free dessert to share.

My wife said and I quote, ' it was the worst lasagne I have ever tasted.. There is almost an inch of béchamel sauce on top of the pasta. The lettuce is turning brown. Disgusting.'
Explained to the same staff member about the lasagne, suggesting the Procurement department change suppliers.

The same staff member offered a large table of 8 next to us the opportunity of filling in a survey, on a Tablet, with the chance of winning £250.
You will not be surprised to hear that I was not offered the opportunity to fill in the survey!!

Food and service was poor. Will not return and cannot recommend.

We complained about

1  Thank jontytiger2006
mgrhalfmoon, General Manager at The Hungry Horse - Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your recent visit and do apologise that the lasagne was not to your satisfaction and am sorry for the delay as someone dropped it.

I have also forwarded your comments to our food purchasing team for consideration.

If you would like to contact me about your visit feel free to phone me on 01638 515 413 and ask for Terry.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I love eating here! It is part restaurant-part bar but is surprisingly family friendly. The food is pretty good for English standards! The desserts are fantastic!

mgrhalfmoon, General Manager at The Hungry Horse - Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your comments look forward to seeing you soon